Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I found a 20 dollar bill on the ground earlier this week, the first one I have found in over a year. Anyways, no one was around, so I just put it in my wallet and kept on walking. Yesterday, I went to the local antique shop, and saw this belt plate for $15. I figured it was a fake for that price, so I didn't buy it. When I got home I decided I would take a chance and just buy it tomorrow, after asking in General Discussion, so I bought it with the $20 bill I found on the ground. I didn't dig it, so it technically wasn't found by me. I did find the money, a $20 bill, that I used to buy it though! I am still not sure if it is real or not, so please let me know!

DSC_0866.JPGDSC_0875.JPGDSC_0872.JPGDSC_0876.JPGDSC_0878.JPG

Edit: You can see some light belt wear to the right of the arrow hooks, not sure if the means anything.

DSC_0883.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 8
Congratulations on the found money and nice purchase! :occasion14:

Non-dug, but it's a real one. No dug patina on the brass, but the patina it has looks similar to other non-dug ones having sat around all those years after the war and the hooks and lead fill looks correct too. Great deal you got on that one too.

Great find conversion. Sharp looking Buckle. Congrats.

Hmmm...the lead looks a bit overfilled and there are no blemished on the back. I have some doubts. Maybe Cannonballguy can chime in. Something that old just sitting around in a junk drawer would have a lot of blemishes on it.

It almost looks like an area on the back is worn from a belt, look at the area to the right of the arrow hooks, and on the bottom, looks like a wear pattern from a belt being put in it.
DSC_0883.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back