US Belt Buckle, New Guy, first time post.

cmcoghlin

Jul 25, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,
Can anyone help me out with this belt buckle? Model, era... any info would be much appreciated. My grandfather gave it to me years ago. Unfortunately he has passed since then, so I can't get his knowledge on it.

P.S. I've never been into the hobby, but I am very intrigued as I look through the posts.

Happy Hunting!

Attachments

• IMG_1815 2.jpg
    IMG_1815 2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 81
Not that I will be of any help, but others will need to see the back of the buckle, in particular the prongs that attach to the leather....but that may be hard to do.

Upvote 0
Tedyoh, thanks. Like I said, new guy! HAHA

Attachments

• IMG_1816.jpg
    IMG_1816.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 81
Upvote 0
Maybe an Indian War era buckle....if so pretty cool! Civil War era had 3 prongs on the back and were oval shaped.

Upvote 0
looks pretty old someone will id it you will be surprised some of the things people id on this site

Upvote 0
Someone will be along soon and tell you exactly what it is. Looks like a nice buckle with some age, welcome from Denver.

Upvote 0
Looks CW to me. But I’m no expert either. I think your grandfather gave you a wonderful gift. welcome to tnet.

Upvote 0
It's was a great gift.Congrats :icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0
We call those buckles "occupation buckles" because they came out during Reconstruction and many Union troops were still occupying the South. Nice buckle.

Upvote 0
Indian Wars, really nice buckle, especially with the leather intact.ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1532558165.749818.jpg

Upvote 0
Thank you all. Its been a big help.
**Update** After digging around a bit, I think I found the accompanying holster.

Attachments

• IMG_1818.JPG
    IMG_1818.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 50
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back