Upstate New York Blues :(

Otsego digger

Aug 4, 2013
image-257771422.jpg

Upvote 1
Seems to be an especially frozen winter up there! :BangHead: When I lived 6 years on Lake Champlain near Plattsburg, my happiest winter included swimming in warm indoor pool weekly, both solo & also teaching my one-year-old how to swim. The pool helped me forget the reality of thick ice, grey sky & cruel outdoor temps that hovered just above & below zero. Spring will come, and there must be silver, gold & relics waiting for you when the frozen earth warms up! :laughing7: :icon_thumleft: :hello: Andi

I know where you coming from. I use this time to send my machines in for maintenance. :thumbsup:
Plus only another month and we should be able to get out. :icon_scratch:

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

I am making plans already here in Cortland County. The snow and cold just doesn't want to disappear! I take the time to really catch up on my research so when it's warm enough to get out, I'm ready!

Spring............I think I remember what it's like........maybe?

I'm in Wayne County, NY. Here's what we looked like this morning, even the big lake has ice coverage. 073.jpg

I feel your pain. I'm from Pa., 40 minutes south of Binghamton. I moved to Az. last Sept. and hate to say it, I don't miss that weather at all. Hope it changes for the better soon for you guys.

Just dress warm and put on your long-johns, Carharts, good boots, and bag your machine and go...i went today high of 12 degrees ... don`t let a little snow stop you ....the woods/cellar holes, are not frozen more than 2" down , i been hunting all winter for over 40 years...but all i got to do is walk out my front door,and i`m there ...of course i`m in southern N.Y. much warmer here. HH
tongue3.gif
laughing7.gif

Gary

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I don't feel so alone anymore. Good luck to all of you! Supposed to hit the 30s this weekend. :)

WIN_20140128_164511.JPGWay upstate here.... been -20 at night..... warmed up today to 5!

Wow, you were above O F! Congrats (me says with sarcasm). I feel you're pain. Here in Colonie, the ground is solid, snow is piled up, and I'm going nuts. Let's hang in there!

aj

Load up the truck and move to B E V E R L Y ......H I L L S that is......bring your vittles with you.....:icon_thumleft:

Exactly why I am in Ecuador now……..yes I could go out in the cold……but why?
And the cost of living is way less here, fresh fruits and veggies year round……
As for MD…..working out details on a few places now……..there is so much history here……
Spring is not far off though……hang in there…..vaya con Dios!

You could go steelhead fishing instead?

It's 2 here this morning and I can't wait to see 30 the end of the week

I havent gone for winter steelies in a few years....legs cant handle the shoreline rocks anymore. I miss those fish"

Hang in there Otsego. We're hunkered down with you. It was -5 here this morning (I'm 20 mi west of Albany). I have lived here for 32 years and I don't recall ever having so many below zero days as we've had this winter. I was stationed at Minot AFB for 3 years and this is kind of reminds me of the winters we had out there. When the temps got back up to zero people would be walking around in their short sleeves. Maybe Feb & March will be kinder to us.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back