Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all. Hope everyone is well. After posting my Brass horse relic find some members mentioned it might be a ashtray so i did a bit of research on the net last night and it turned out to be indeed a old ash tray. I found a picture of the same ash tray on the net.

Thanks for looking and Happy hunting to all

dbdbdbd.jpg

This is the picture i found on the net

20181223_092948.jpg

This is where the cigarettes would be placed on the ash tray

Last edited:
Upvote 13
Oh, so its not a cooking press for Spam.

who knew.

interesting. I thought ashtray then decided against it. I see how it could function as a tray but the butt cradles are almost hidden so it doesn't look like an ashtray. Still haven't seen the back side. Any markings?

What a great piece, anyone on here would like to dig that, any horse enthusiast would want to own it

interesting. I thought ashtray then decided against it. I see how it could function as a tray but the butt cradles are almost hidden so it doesn't look like an ashtray. Still haven't seen the back side. Any markings?

Hi, Thanks for the reply. The butt cradles are not very deep and there is only 2 cradles that is way i did not even think it was a ash tray when i found it. I looked for any markings or writing but do not see any. I have taken a picture of the back and tried to take a picture of the butt cradle at different angles.

20181223_194026.jpg

20181223_194100.jpg

20181223_194208.jpg

That is a nice relic Well done

Very nice. Too bad its not marked. Would love to know who made it.

Very interesting ash tray, congratulations! :occasion14:

Yours is nicer than the other one..... awesome!

Wow an ashtray! Never thought something that nice would collect cigarette butts and ashes!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back