Unsearched yard + 14 items from 4 hour hunt:1919 Merc, Figural Dog Tax Tag etc....

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Todays's detector finds : 1919 Mercury dime in F-VF, 1940 Dog Tax Tag in the shape of a dogs head! Aluminum "Grimland Play Coin" Old aluminum cap and 10 Wheat cents: 1920,1934,1940,1941,1941-D,1944-D,1945,1946,1951-D and 1957. Most Wheats I have found in one hunt for quite a while. Had to knock on several doors and miss out on my main prospect but finally found a modest house from the 30's and had a nice WARM day searching (about 4 hours). Thanks Etrac!

691.JPG

688.JPG

Upvote 8
Nice silver there and love the dog tag! Looks like you had some fun!

Nice assortment of digs!
...I think you have found a promising spot!!!
Work it over one way, then do it the other! lol
there's always more!
:-)
rc

:icon_thumright: Nice coins and the dog tag is my fave as I've never seen one like that. Found my first Merc last week, in good shape like yours. Andi

I went back today and found another mercury (1924) in the same yard as well as a 59 quarter!

File65.jpg
:icon_thumright: Nice coins and the dog tag is my fave as I've never seen one like that. Found my first Merc last week, in good shape like yours. Andi

You sure do your homework, and are not afraid to knock on a door, all of your finds show that.

With all the research you do all of your finds are well "earned" that's for sure.

Hats off to you yet again, awesome job!

HH

Thanks...probably less research than persistence: I hit about 7 dream-yards that had hardly anything because of being searched to death. I had a couple disappointing weeks.
You sure do your homework, and are not afraid to knock on a door, all of your finds show that.

With all the research you do all of your finds are well "earned" that's for sure.

Hats off to you yet again, awesome job!

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back