Unneeded calories

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I ran a large locust thorn into my foot this morning. Metal detecting barefooted. It went in almost 1 inch.
Sore as h3ll now. Decided to do something creative indoors. Zucchini bread: with a little nutmeg, a few poppy seeds and some walnut pieces. It’s cooling down and smells great. Might be my best “treasure” for the week. Gotta get the coffee going.👍🏼

Attachments

• IMG_2053.jpeg
    IMG_2053.jpeg
    933.4 KB · Views: 14
I ran a large locust thorn into my foot this morning. Metal detecting barefooted. It went in almost 1 inch.
Sore as h3ll now. Decided to do something creative indoors. Zucchini bread: with a little nutmeg, a few poppy seeds and some walnut pieces. It’s cooling down and smells great. Might be my best “treasure” for the week. Gotta get the coffee going.👍🏼
Well natureboy the loaf looks great.
That thorn must of started though.

Well natureboy the loaf looks great.
That thorn must of started though.
It went in at an angle. I pulled it out in one piece. This is the actual thorn. I kept it to show my wife. It’s only 3/4” long, so I guess the 1” was stretching it a little. It went in until nearly flush with the base of it. The darn things leave poison in you. Usually 3-4 days to quit hurting. My own fault. I do own shoes. 😊

Attachments

• IMG_2054.jpeg
    IMG_2054.jpeg
    443.2 KB · Views: 12
It went in at an angle. I pulled it out in one piece. This is the actual thorn. I kept it to show my wife. It’s only 3/4” long, so I guess the 1” was stretching it a little. It went in until nearly flush with the base of it. The darn things leave poison in you. Usually 3-4 days to quit hurting. My own fault. I do own shoes. 😊
It's a find that you won't forget for a few moons.
I that a few Hawthorn ones, in the end of the nose. Bled like a stuck pig.
Other one went right the baseball cap, felt it scraping the skull.
That one produced a blue streak.

A thorn in your foot while metal detecting barefoot? Go figure

Wow, Sorry to hear that my friend!! That does not sound pleasant at all. Hope you have a fast recovery, bread looks delicious. Maybe a good time to do a carving or 2? 🤔

Take good care of that wound. Puncture wounds have a tendency to get infected. Hydrogen peroxide then neosporin after that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back