Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 1-8-09j.JPG
    1-8-09j.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 350
Decoration off of a set of hames? :dontknow: Looks like they were made to be opposite pairs.

Upvote 0
Interesting :icon_scratch:
Are they rounded ?
I know 72cheyenne considers they are - but I'm old and half blind ;D

Mike

Upvote 0
They are pretty much flat.When we first dug one we didnt pay much attention but we keep finding the odd one,always in early 1849-1850,sites.Hames sounds logical,however these sites are in rugged remote places even horses seldom were?

Upvote 0
kuger said:
They are pretty much flat.When we first dug one we didnt pay much attention but we keep finding the odd one,always in early 1849-1850,sites.Hames sounds logical,however these sites are in rugged remote places even horses seldom were?

horses can go places even humans dare not tread, best back country transportation short of your own two feet, and they usually arent dumb enough to fall down, least not the ones i've had over the years.

Upvote 0
DirtyHowi said:
kuger said:

horses can go places even humans dare not tread, best back country transportation short of your own two feet, and they usually arent dumb enough to fall down, least not the ones i've had over the years.
Trust me I fully understand that,mules are even better,but I assure you there were no horses in these camps,let alone a wagon :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
kuger said:

Being flat and with no known horses being around pretty much rules out a hame piece. They still look as if the were designed to be used in pairs....on opposite sides of whatever they came from. :dontknow:

Maybe some sort of bracing used on a tool to attach the handle to the implement.

Upvote 0
72cheyenne said:
kuger said:

Being flat and with no known horses being around pretty much rules out a hame piece. They still look as if the were designed to be used in pairs....on opposite sides of whatever they came from. :dontknow:

Maybe some sort of bracing used on a tool to attach the handle to the implement.
Your right,one of those probably never will know for sure.Thanks though I appreciate it!! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
OK, 1849-50 remote sites in California? Are these old gold rush sites? If so, I'm sure they had certain items unique to gold mining. Could these be brackets for repairing something like cracked pick handles? :dontknow: I'm just guessing...

Any other clues?

DCMatt

Upvote 0
DCMatt said:
OK, 1849-50 remote sites in California? Are these old gold rush sites? If so, I'm sure they had certain items unique to gold mining. Could these be brackets for repairing something like cracked pick handles? :dontknow: I'm just guessing...

Any other clues?

DCMatt
Although,I have never seen that,I guess that is totally possible?Thanks!!

Upvote 0
kuger said:
DCMatt said:

Any other clues?

DCMatt
Although,I have never seen that,I guess that is totally possible?Thanks!!

Are we assume that these are NOT from a gold rush site?

Any water near by?

DCMatt

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back