Unknown stamp on cast aluminum kettle, help!

poly777

Greenie
Apr 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got this at an estate auction, the bottom is marked "STERLING" with Cast Aluminum underneath it. I've been searching but cannot find a company name Sterling that makes this type of stuff. Anyone have a clue? Also no idea how old this is either or where it would be used, or what country. This kettle is pretty large, it's 13.5" long from spout, and 10" wide diameter measuring from bottom, and 8" tall bottom to top of lid. If anyone knows of this maker please let me know. Thanks!

alumket1.jpgalumket3.jpg

Sterling is the Brand Name. They're still in business today. Tony

Thanks, would you happen to have a link to their website or any info (I still cannot find them)? Or know how old this kettle is?

Upvote 0
There isn't much info about the company online. They were based out of Erie, PA., other items are marked "Sterling Aluminum Erie, Pa. since 1911". Try googling "STERLING ALUMINUM ERIE , PA." with the quotes.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
There isn't much info about the company online. They were based out of Erie, PA., other items are marked "Sterling Aluminum Erie, Pa. since 1911". Try googling "STERLING ALUMINUM ERIE , PA." with the quotes.

Oh I didn't see this till now. Yes that sounds about right. I can't find much either, just a couple of listings came up and neither of them are like this cast aluminum. Guess I'll dig more. :) Thanks.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back