✅ SOLVED Unknown rope tool

GaryH

Greenie
Aug 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unknown rope tool.jpg

Purchased these at a yard sale this weekend, they were in with old farm tools. Any ideas what they might be?

I want to keep an eye on this one. Have no idea, except I think Victorian. I don't even know which way is supposed to be up. Hung one way it could hold a hanging shelf, and the other way it could be removable handles for lifting or moving something awkward or heavy. ???

Upvote 0
the first thing i thought was homade strap/hanger for a hammock

Upvote 0
Looks like a handle for a trapeze.

Upvote 0
For carrying bundles, seen something similar but not so ornate. Those metal pieces in the middle of you notice have the little pins inside, take a knotted rope and pit the rope through that loop and the knot catches on the pins, makes it adjustable. Just the decorative handles throw me of, braided rope I can understand, the metal loops I can but why the handles unless this one is for or made by a lady.

Get your facts first, then distort them as you please-Mark Twain

Upvote 0
For dragging a deer out of the woods ?

Upvote 0
Yes-that has to be it! Thought it would be too light duty for that use, but the design and size is right on. Thanks for the picture-that confirms it!

Upvote 0
Glad you found that picture because those decorative handles had me baffled. I've seen bundle carriers but none that fancy. If it was what I thought I can see placing much value on it but with it being for an old hammock I can possibly see value. I like it. Good find

Get your facts first, then distort them as you please-Mark Twain

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back