hunting deer

Jul 21, 2010
Indiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this last night and decided to post to see if anyone had any info on it. Its the size of a penny with no visible backmark other than an intact shank. I'm feeling like its my oldest military button to date. What do you guys think? I can provide additional photo's. It's pretty rough and I thought it was a plain flat button untill I started cleaning the top and saw the eagle outline. I dabbed it with some polyurethane to keep it from flaking away anymore. I found a similar looking one at this link if you scroll down a bit. George Washington Inaugural Buttons ? 1777 ? 1854Dragoons Regt. of RiflemenMilitia Rifles I found it at a place I like to call "button hill" due to the large number of flat buttons I've recovered there. But the signals are starting to be less frequent so I had to work for this one!

Attachments

• button_zpsuofq8dix.jpg
    button_zpsuofq8dix.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 116
I can't find your button yet. Any chance we can get more pics, and be sure to include the back. I found one close, but that shield is throwing me a curve. Any chance there is a number in the shield.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back