DigNdirt

Greenie
Jan 13, 2013
Erwin, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Trying to identify- located it about 2-3 miles west of the Aversboro Battlefield in Erwin N.C. Thanks for looking...
1-8-13 button.jpg

Can you post a pic of the back of it? WELCOME to the forum! :) Breezie

Upvote 0
I tried to lighten it. Most likely its a civilian blazer button but it seems to have some Old English lettering in the crest but I am unable to see it clearly.button unknown lighten.jpgOld-English-image.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeap, Looks like a 'W' & a modern blazer button, the crude made up crown is the giveaway.

Upvote 0
Back of unknown button

Sorry for the delay in responding. Attached is pitures of the front and back. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• IMAG1599.jpg
    IMAG1599.jpg
    612.8 KB · Views: 120
Upvote 0
20th century self shank civilian fashion button. I think the self shank was patented in the late 30's.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I thought I had found a real gem when I dug it up. Thought it was my first real war button, 4 Miles west of the Aversboro Civil war battlefield. Thanks for responding, I'll keep looking.

Upvote 0
I thought I had found a real gem when I dug it up. Thought it was my first real war button, 4 Miles west of the Aversboro Civil war battlefield. Thanks for responding, I'll keep looking.
Well, at least you are now armed with some more button knowledge. Hopefully you'll score a nice flat button or old military button next!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back