VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We have been hunting a farm established in 1793. I have (and some others of the hunt team have also found the same type relics that look like a flat brass cuff button but it has a hole in the middle. I have dug 4 so far. I found one pictured in a book that says they are related to clothing relics. Any ideas? I also found this silver half dollar in the same field.
DSCN0441.JPG
DSCN0447.JPG
DSCN0448.JPG

... found the same type relics that look like a flat brass cuff button but it has a hole in the middle. I have dug 4 so far. I found one pictured in a book that says they are related to clothing relics. Any ideas?...
tn_moved_over.gif
I moved ya from NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS over to WHAT IS IT? for more exposure.

tn_notice.gif
NOTE: Forum NEW MEMBER INSTRODUCTIONS Description: New to TreasureNet? Introduce yourself to our community here! Welcome aboard and Happy Hunting!

Upvote 1
tn_moved_over.gif
I moved ya from NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS over to WHAT IS IT? for more exposure.

tn_notice.gif
NOTE: Forum NEW MEMBER INSTRODUCTIONS Description: New to TreasureNet? Introduce yourself to our community here! Welcome aboard and Happy Hunting!
New member introduction? That old coot Quindy has been around here since Abe Lincoln. 🤪 He’s busted my chops more times than Mike Tyson.
-MM-

Upvote 2
We have been hunting a farm established in 1793. I have (and some others of the hunt team have also found the same type relics that look like a flat brass cuff button but it has a hole in the middle. I have dug 4 so far. I found one pictured in a book that says they are related to clothing relics. Any ideas? I also found this silver half dollar in the same field.View attachment 2124217View attachment 2124218View attachment 2124219
I can’t believe my eyes @@!
I thought you gave up metal detecting for knitting by now Q. 🤪
is that one of those lead pieces they used to stick a nail through for roofing to help seal it from leaks?

Congrats on that nice old silver half.
You sure Dman didn’t drop it in front of you?

- Jack Wagon-

Upvote 0
I can’t believe my eyes @@!
I thought you gave up metal detecting for knitting by now Q. 🤪
is that one of those lead pieces they used to stick a nail through for roofing to help seal it from leaks?

Congrats on that nice old silver half.
You sure Dman didn’t drop it in front of you?

- Jack Wagon-
Hey Bud. The lead sealing washers are much thicker than these. They are no thicker than a brass cuff button. Good to hear from you . I dug a Spaish cut
Pistareen as identifi9ed by Buckleboy in the same field from the 1720s. You know he is finishing a new relic book to sell this year. HH.

Attachments

• 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    442.1 KB · Views: 20
Upvote 3
Hey Bud. The lead sealing washers are much thicker than these. They are no thicker than a brass cuff button. Good to hear from you . I dug a Spaish cut
Pistareen as identifi9ed by Buckleboy in the same field from the 1720s. You know he is finishing a new relic book to sell this year. HH.
I told him I want a copy when it is done. 👍
Nice find with that pistareen Q.
I miss my old stomping grounds and the old history.

Upvote 2
Low mintage half! Nice find! :icon_thumleft:

Upvote 2
It is probably something like the cupped brass disc on the end of a civil war knapsack strap-hook Those discs do come off I've dug many in civil war campsites But because you did not mention finding any civil war relics where you've found several of this object, I had to say it is a piece of "something like" the knapsack-hook disc.

Upvote 4
It is probably something like the cupped brass disc on the end of a civil war knapsack strap-hook Those discs do come off I've dug many in civil war campsites But because you did not mention finding any civil war relics where you've found several of this object, I had to say it is a piece of "something like" the knapsack-hook disc.
Thanks. We did find some CW bullets like 3 ringers, Sharps, & .69 round balls. There was a lot of Union Soldiers in the area. That's the best idea I've heard. Good to hear from you again.

Upvote 3

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back