Unique chunky white gold needs ID

gino22

Nov 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked this up at a thrift store where they are usually careful to overcharge for the good stuff. This must have slipped under the radar. Diamond tested good, weighs 11.2 grams, am pretty confident it's white gold.

There are no marks inside the ring, but two TINY stamps on the back of the shank. Under extreme magnification, they appear to be an eagle's head facing to the right (apparently a common French gold hallmark), and a donkey bracketed by the letters "S" and "J".

Anyone have experience with these stamps? Also, I am thinking this was made by a known designer. Closest I could find with my limited knowledge of premium jewelry is a Cartier tank ring (not really that close, but the French hallmark and chunky design brought Cartier Tank to mind). Opinions?

P8060462.JPGP8060464.JPGP8060465.JPGP8060480.JPGP8060459.JPG

Picked this up at a thrift store where they are usually careful to overcharge for the good stuff. This must have slipped under the radar. Diamond tested good, weighs 11.2 grams, am pretty confident it's white gold.

There are no marks inside the ring, but two TINY stamps on the back of the shank. Under extreme magnification, they appear to be an eagle's head facing to the right (apparently a common French gold hallmark), and a donkey bracketed by the letters "S" and "J".

Anyone have experience with these stamps? Also, I am thinking this was made by a known designer. Closest I could find with my limited knowledge of premium jewelry is a Cartier tank ring (not really that close, but the French hallmark and chunky design brought Cartier Tank to mind). Opinions?

View attachment 1034756View attachment 1034757View attachment 1034758View attachment 1034760View attachment 1034761
noble is correct,an eagle head IS a French hallmark for 18k...the donkey? don't know but it is NOT Cartier.nice find!!! got to be a diamond? weight??? HAPPY HUNTING ALL!!!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back