Union Picket Post Finds - Buttons, Buckles, and Bullets

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Vol1266-X and I hunted a Union Picket Post and came up with a few finds. I found some nice dropped 69 caliber bullets and some fired 58 caliber bullets. I also found a nice small oil lamp. Among the relics, I found a shoe buckle. We found this site between two other picket posts that were on different hills. Some of the bullets were found up on the hill side as we were walking up to the picket post. We were able to follow dropped bullets from one picket post to the next. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• DSC00335.JPG
    DSC00335.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 631
  • DSC00337.JPG
    DSC00337.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 624
Upvote 0
Dman.....Great find's :thumbsup: Seem's people think we are the "dying breed".......NOT,keep em coming.Sweet dig's....

civilman1 said:
Dman.....Great find's :thumbsup: Seem's people think we are the "dying breed".......NOT,keep em coming.Sweet dig's....
I know what you mean. I enjoy hunting for civil war artifacts and old coins. There are some really good items posted on this site. It seems like you are pretty much ignored unless you post clad coins or toy cars and pull tabs.
Dman

Dman said:
I know what you mean. I enjoy hunting for civil war artifacts and old coins. There are some really good items posted on this site. It seems like you are pretty much ignored unless you post clad coins or toy cars and pull tabs.
Dman

Don't feel ignored. Us clad hunters and pull tab diggers envy you guys. ;D Many of us don't have the opportuntiy to search CW sites due to our location. Very nice group of finds.

I don't know how anyone could ignore finds like that! Those are awesome..you really cleaned up on the old bullets too.

WTG :thumbsup:
Nat

DougF said:
Dman said:
Dman

Don't feel ignored. Us clad hunters and pull tab diggers envy you guys. ;D Many of us don't have the opportuntiy to search CW sites due to our location. Very nice group of finds.
NO offense intended.
Dman

Nice score on that picket post! Civil War relic hunting is my favorite passion, but I don't get to travel very much right now. I just love to do it whenever the opportunity arises.

There are alot of people who enjoy just reading the posts. It is probably that way with most folks there is no way to comment on each post, there is so many. At least when you read the posts you feel more motivated to go out and make your own great finds.

Thanks for posting, I love seeing dug Civil War stuff. Keep it up and hope to see more soon!

Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back