Unidentified Stone

BaconHunter

Tenderfoot
May 1, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We found this stone in a field and took it back because it didn't look natural. It is about 6 3/4 inches long by 5 3/4 wide. We found it in central Saskatchewan. Any ideas?

Arrowhead.PNG

It kinda-sorta looks like it could've been shaped by the hand of man , but Mother Nature is pretty creative as well. How thick is it?

Upvote 0
could be a grave marker?

Upvote 0
Wow, it does look like it was shaped. Try contacting the archaeological section of your biggest museum, and email them some photos. It's always possible that you found the site of a settlement, it always starts with one artifact.

Upvote 0
Thanks! We don't really have a museum so ill send it to the university. Also my dad found these things that looked like hammers near there. Ill try to post some pics!

Upvote 0
No don't contact them. It a Jrsuit triangle. Take and your finger and lightly damping just the raised area. That way you can see the writing on it. Trust me it's there I can see it without . Take a picture and repost for the others . Just remember where it came from.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Also photos of the other side please . Nice find!!!

Upvote 0
Another secret is to use low light from and angle. Light on one side only. Then rotate it a little at a time.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back