UNDER A BRIDGE & OUT OF THE RAIN

silverswede

Dec 12, 2005
Pinehurst. Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab SOVEREIGN XS-2a PRO
UNDER A BRIDGE & OUT OF THE RAIN

Started out for a few old hunting camp sites today but was plainly going to get rained out. As I crossed over the river on a quite large bridge the thought hit me. I had seen quite a few rafters and swimmers here on previous summers and It's dry under there so I parked and gave it a try. Lots of graffite and garbage including some items you couldnt display on a family forum. Turned the minelab on and began searching the small area there. On full discrimination I was still getting hits every foot or so and easy digging too. I picked up 50 some clad- oldest in the late 60's. A part for some camping equipment and a few modern rifle brass. Oh well beat the heck outa going home empty handed.

Attachments

• 000_1559.JPG
    000_1559.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 1,246
Upvote 0
Re: UNDER A BRIDGE & OUT OF THE RAIN

Good Finds, Silverswede!!! Way to think outside of the box to get some detecting in on a weather day.

Neat idea, good for you!

hmmm... ever notice how sometimes you see bikers pulled over under an overpass having a smoke to wait out a rainsquall... I wonder if there may be some neat Harley Davidson mementos laying around under these overpasses... ?

Neat idea with some neat finds. Looks like enough clad to pay for a pack of batteries. The rusty looking object looks like a fingernail clipper.

;) RR

Nice finds, way to go on turning on all the discremanation. I was did the same thing at a park near me. Walked out with a real nice Rail Road Key, worth around $25. So it does work.

HH,Ringfinder

Be careful under those bridges,dopers shoot up at places like that.Usually don't find the needles though,must throw them into the water.

In this area ,girl's panties,tablespoons with carbon on the bottom,and disposible lighters are common finds under bridges.

hasbeen

great idea...now I will have to try and think of where to dig on rainy days! :D Thanks for the idea to get us thinking!

Great idea, silver! And a nice haul.

It's fun to find a spot like that, that no one has ever detected. The ground just seems full of finds. ;D

Yeah, that's some good thinking outside the box.....very nice finds!

Night Stalker

It's always good to hit spots you think haven't been searched, ya never know until you try. Those clippers sure don't weather well huh!
Best of luck to you!

Smiles!
BDoo

Thanks, BDoo and all of you for the complimentary comments. The clippers are a bit weather beaten but I do a lot of barehand digging and that keeps the nails short and keeps you from chewing them too.

very cool, just think of whats in the river under that bridge. :o

Holy Mackerel there SS, you've done it again! :) Slippin' out your "secret" spots like this for TNet members is gettin' to be a habit with ya! ;) This is the second Eye Opener post I've read this a.m. :) Turns out that you've written the first one too. Clearings in the woods... Awesome! 8)

That's a pretty dedicated way to keep yer nails short too! ;D ;D Cracked me up! ;D

Kilika, ;D Troll jewelery. LMAO ;D

Thanx again SS for sharing your VERY informative posts here. MANY will benefit from your selflessness, trust me on this one Dude! 8)

Yours in TH'ing,

LarryB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back