cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless there is a storm, it's rare to find old coins on the beaches of Southern California so when my first target turned out to be a wheat penny I was pleasantly surprised. When the second target was also a wheat, I figured this was going to be an interesting day. After a couple of modern coins, I dug up a 1942 Canadian dime. Also not a common find here in SoCal. A few clad later, I pulled a D mint buffalo nickel (a smoothie but my first at the beach). A couple of wheats later, a 1917S Merc came up for air. All told, there were 6 wheats, 2 silver dimes, 1 buffalo, a silver ring missing the setting, a star broach, a souvenir squashed penny from the San Diego Air and Space Museum, a "Dandy" amusement token, a 1986 Canadian dime with a couple dozen holes eaten through it, a "pull the dot" button/snap, a "love" button/washer, a sterling Blue Army Our Lady of Fatima pin from Italy, a sterling virgin Mary pendant, and a set of keys that look like they've been buried a long time. I figure they've probably replaced them by now so I won't post them on CL! :laughing7:

Attachments

• 100_1036.jpg
    100_1036.jpg
    419.6 KB · Views: 148
  • 100_1037.jpg
    100_1037.jpg
    391.1 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Great finds...that star is nice looking and that ring looks like it's nice and heavy.

It's hard to tell from the photo but the star is filled with stones. Probably cheap glass but it looks cool. I would guess that it's just a cheap costume jewelry piece given to a child for good behavior. I was surprised to see the '86 Canadian dime full of holes. Is that common for them like our zinc cents?

Looks like you found some nice keepers. Good luck next time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back