Unbelievable 1909 Barber Half Turned Pop Out Pin Jewlery!

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils -Minelab Manticore-
-Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was having a dud of an outing today. That was until I had a screaming half dollar signal on the Manticore. Solid tight 95 in all directions at 4 bars deep. Right off a hiking path in a popular set of woods that I've never been to with my buddy. I called him over after I had the signal and was calling my target as a half dollar. He agreed with me after swinging his nox over it.

I was SO eager to dig it but he wanted to record the live dig on his phone. We got the whole thing on video! I'll post it to my YouTube channel shortly. I can't edit it and there are a few profanities in it and we apologize. But it was a freaking amazing half dollar with a pop out face and we were both in the moment.

Here are a few of the pics of my new favorite coin find. Been slowly getting used to the Manticore after I did a factory reset. I messed with some settings when I first got it and was kinda disappointed at how it was acting. But now I have some renewed faith in the machine!

Enjoy! Thanks for lookin and happy hunting to all. Fall is here and the woods are back in session!
fbbe25d1-31f6-4289-a06f-efe61ad3a27a.jpg

20241013_115716.jpg

20241013_133402.jpg

20241013_133354.jpg

20241013_133416.jpg

20241013_133453.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 2
That's clearly one of the best repousse coins I've ever seen!
There have been others posted over the years on dimes and quarters mostly but that's probably the first I've seen on a half host coin.
No dud day there!

Wow ... what an amazing and unique find ! :hello2:
Thanks Etrac! Quite a pleasant surprise.
That's clearly one of the best repousse coins I've ever seen!
There have been others posted over the years on dimes and quarters mostly but that's probably the first I've seen on a half host coin.
No dud day there!
Wow thanks ironhorse! Not the half I was expecting at all. My buddy has one on a dime. I never thought I'd actually dig one let alone on a half dollar. Definitely not a dud today!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back