Type of CW Pistol Bullet

Fullstock

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out today in search of a Confederate cavalry camp I’ve been looking for. I found this pistol bullet and nothing else, but I think I might be close. The first picture is the bullet I found today and the second picture shows it next to a 44 colt bullet. Any ideas what it is? Thanks!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1534274638.925111.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1534274654.790193.jpg

Last edited:
Again, here's my once-a-day post.

According to the "Handbook Of Civil War Bullets & Cartridges" your unfired bullet is a civil war Confederate .44 "Richmond Laboratory" (Arsenal) Colt bullet. Though its body-shape follows Colt's bullet design, it could be used in any of the various models of civil war .44 revolvers (Remington, Colt, Leech & Rigdon, etc).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Again, here's my once-a-day post.

According to the "Handbook Of Civil War Bullets & Cartridges" your unfired bullet is a civil war Confederate .44 "Richmond Laboratory" (Arsenal) Colt bullet. Though its body-shape follows Colt's bullet design, it could be used in any of the various models of civil war .44 revolvers (Remington, Colt, Leech & Rigdon, etc).

Thank you Cannonballguy, I appreciate your help, that would definitely match the camp I’m looking for. I also hope you’re on the mend and feeling better.

Upvote 0
cda3decb6de75f9212acf240a7fbcb26.jpg Hope this helps

Upvote 0
863cf16ecdbcacd166f8b244a42f828b.jpg
Or maybe this one. Great find.
Sorry for the clarity.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think, no doubt a pistol bullet. Great find.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back