Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is made of yellow brass. 2 snakes around an arrow and the bottom is broken off.
Can anyone find anything exactly like this and what is it ? snakes 001.jpgsnakes 002.jpgsnakes 003.jpgsnakes 004.jpgsnakes 004.jpgsnakes 005.jpg
These are scans and the camera was worse . The top right and left are snake heads.

Hi; Not sure but it looks like tip of a knife or sword scabbard. I digress. Good Luck. PEACE:RONB

Upvote 0
But what is it? That other post doesn't seem to say either?

Upvote 0
Hi; ould it be a thumb handcuff used by Police during the 1800's to the turn of the Century. It appears to be a lock of some type. We await. PEACE:RONB

Upvote 0
Look up Caduceus , that's the medical symbol, like for a doctor. There have been many versions of it. I've found the reference for the snakes wrapping around a pole, lance, etc., but no reference for the arrow. It might be a clue.

Upvote 0
Can not say what it is but I can say it is not the Rod of Asclepius and Caduceus or variants of.

Almost looks like old Milano type stuff, we all know how much they love their snakes, just look at the Alpha Romeo symbol and hundreds others like it out of Milan.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back