Two silvers, two "S" mintmarks!

dirtdigger1581

Jun 18, 2011
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went out for a quick hunt this morning and put the small coil on the E-trac. Headed to a trashy spot in a field near where I pulled the Silver dollar two days ago. Kept the pace VERY slow and was rewarded a couple times today. First up was a nice 12-45 signal that produced a worn 1928-S mercury dime. Always happy to start the day off with a silver coin. I guess my horseshoe must still have some magic left in it. A short while after the merc I pulled an unusual piece...It has a flower on one side, and looks like a lead ball on the other. If you recognize it, I'd be happy to hear what you think. I was guessing maybe a bottle stopper of some kind. Rumor has it there was a tavern in this area at one point. Could be the reason for all the trash. And last, but not least I got a scratchy squeal at the end of the hunt that produced a nice 1944-S 50 Centavos Phillipines coin. 75% silver! :) All in all, not a bad day for 2.5 hours in the trash. Sometimes it pays off to put the small coil on and sift through the junk everyone else passes up.

Check out the video of today's hunt:

Happy Hunting everyone!

-Nate(DirtDigger)

Attachments

• 12-08-12Merc.jpg
    12-08-12Merc.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 116
  • 12-08-12whatsit.jpg
    12-08-12whatsit.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 132
  • 12-08-12halfcollage.jpg
    12-08-12halfcollage.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 125
Upvote 2
excellent finds. love the war time 50 centavo piece

excellent finds. love the war time 50 centavo piece

Thanks! I'd never seen one before today. I making discoveries that teach me something. It's one of the benefits of detecting...It's fun & educational.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back