two rifles, G, 30

RKinOI

Nov 18, 2004

Attachments

• july 05 006.jpg
    july 05 006.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 415
Upvote 0
not sure but if i had to guess i would say WWI myself. alot of the insignia from WWI has the company letter on it.

JT

Could be this bunch.

CONFEDERATE GEORGIA TROOPS

30th Regiment, Georgia Infantry

30th Infantry Regiment was assembled at Milledgeville, Georgia, in the fall of 1861. Many of its members were recruited in the counties of Butts, Bartow, Fayette, Clayton, and Chattahoochee. The unit served at Charleston and in February, 1863, had about 300 effectives. Later it was assigned to General Wilson's, C.H. Stevens', and H.R. Jackson's Brigade, and in September, 1863, was consolidated with the 29th Regiment. The unit took an active part in the operations of the Army of Tennessee from Chickamauga to Atlanta, moved with Hood to Tennessee, and ended the war in North Carolina. In December, 1863, the 29th/30th totalled 341 men and 195 arms, but few surrendered in April, 1865. The field officers were Colonels David J. Bailey, James S. Boynton, and T.W. Mangham; Lieutenant Colonel Miles M. Tidwell; and Majors Henry Hendrick and Cicero A. Thorpe.

crossed pair of model 1897 enfields = 24th Infantry Divison, 30th Inf. Regt. Co. G

I knew that! LOL ;D I went to look up rifles after I posted but because the enfields were British made I didnt think we would use it on our emblems?

Floater said:
I knew that! LOL? ;D I went to look up rifles after I posted but because the enfields were British made I didnt think we would use it on our emblems?

LOL!

Nice find RKinOI,

hh

lonewolfe

A lot of our troops were issued the Enfields instead of the '03 Springfields in WWI, even Sgt. York! JIM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back