Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Received my new detectors, an Ace 250 and a Fisher 1280 Aquanaut for water detecting. Also bought a few new accessories, beach scoop, 2 wet suits, floating sifter, shovel and an extra Vibraprobe 560. Here’s the toys mixed in with some older gear, Minelab XT70 on the left.
28Jul07toys.jpg

Took the Ace 250 to a field I have not detected and dug everything for about 45 minutes. I was very impressed with its performance and ease of use. I even dug a few deep targets. Found mostly iron pieces, aluminum and nails as I was running in all metal mode but, I did find a zinc WWII coin that sounded good. I will probably go ahead and buy the 9”X12” coil for it and a rain cover. Was going to play with it and sell it here in Germany as I would have no problem getting my money back for it but I really like it and will keep it.
28Jul07acefield.jpg

The weather forecast was cloudy and rainy today, I thought that was just beautiful as I was headed to a beach to try out the Fisher 1280. Only saw six people with kids on the beach in 3 hours. Trying to get into the full wet suit would have been a comical sight to see, it fits like a full body condom, LOL! Had a fun time in the water, what a workout and slow motion detecting. I did not have high hopes for this beach however, I did manage a few nice finds. Here’s the beach.
28Jul07beach.jpg

Here’s the finds with the trash. A small handful of coins, only 3 Euro coins for a total of 30 cents, some junk and the better finds were 2 silver 925 rings, a silver Sterling horse head pendant and a junk ring. Also came up with an easier way to pinpoint something you can not see in deeper water, I would find the target, then place my left toes over the area then bring in the scoop, lay it along my foot, move my foot and move the scoop over to where my foot was then dig. That worked well except on the deeper targets. Had to abandoned a few targets as the rocky bottom in the deeper areas was just to hard and the wet suit being made of neoprene rubber tends to give a buoyant effect, couldn’t get much force on the scoop to dig. I had an awesome water hunt due to good equipment and great advice on the forums. HH, Mike
28Jul07bfinds.jpg

Upvote 0
Nice rings mike, Congrats on all the new equipment!!

They will pay themselves off quickly especailly the fisher!!

Chicago Ron

You just about nailed it, Mike!

DO get the larger coil for the Ace, if those fields are your normal hunt environment. It will come in handy, fer sure.

You have the classic underwater pinpoint down pat, too. Those are some nice finds ad pretty typical of water finds.

Einen schoenes tag, sicher.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back