Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
One of these came from the banner field, which has 18th century history through the present. The other came from similar site nearby with equally-aged history.

#1 - "Star" button; uncleaned, looks like a star with some sort of border. Skipped peroxide to avoid detail loss; wanted an opinion first.

20131216_124743.jpg

star 1.JPG star 2.JPG

star 3.JPG star 4.JPG

#2 - Not sure what this is. Looks like there is/was some sort of image or pattern on the face but what that pattern is/was I have not a clue. This has been cleaned with peroxide somewhat until the detail deterioration began and then I stopped.

20131216_124731.jpg

unk 1.JPG unk 2.JPG

unk 3.JPG unk 4.JPG

Thanks to any who reply. Merry Christmas & HH!

No one? Bump for the day, then.

Upvote 0
I can't really make out anything on them. The flat one was made earlier, however, probably first quarter of the 19th century, the second after 1830 or so.

Upvote 0
CBG? Don? hogge? HSD? No one?

Upvote 0
Since you asked me to comment:
The first button has a floral-ish Civilian design I've seen before on brass 1-piece flatbuttons. I can barely make out a circle on its back, which indicates it had a backmark. Therefore, it is from the time you guessed... early-1800s.

The iron back of the other object does not look like it had a button's loop, but instead, a stud (perhaps a nail). So, it could be a skid-disc from a trunk, or a leather or furniture decoration. Or, it might be a rivetbutton from overalls... it is approximately the typical size for those.

Upvote 0
Since you asked me to comment:
The first button has a floral-ish Civilian design I've seen before on brass 1-piece flatbuttons. I can barely make out a circle on its back, which indicates it had a backmark. Therefore, it is from the time you guessed... early-1800s.

The iron back of the other object does not look like it had a button's loop, but instead, a stud (perhaps a nail). So, it could be a skid-disc from a trunk, or a leather or furniture decoration. Or, it might be a rivetbutton from overalls... it is approximately the typical size for those.

Thanks! I knew you'd know something about them.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back