🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Two Iron finds not sure about

snaps

May 6, 2009
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Goldmaxx, Compass GSP, Garrett Infinium
Hey All,
Cleaned these up from a hunt last week. The ring piece has remnants of some kind of gilting Of some sort.
Thanks for looking, best of luck out there
339C023C-8E80-4CB1-8D43-DD4036F590D2.jpeg
8892FE50-ADC1-454E-BFB4-029AEFF87E73.jpeg
B546E5E0-4028-4444-9260-362CB57971A4.jpeg

I see gilding on the attachment part. They look hand forged to me. Does the long end have a hole? For hanging something or part of a riveted fireiron/pot holder set?

Upvote 0
Why did you say gilding? It looks like it could be part of a machine to me? And it could have the long prongs for sorting, maybe paper and such.
Hey GlowingGem, thanks for reply, I was referring to the smaller ring shape find, its got some kinda gilt on it!

Upvote 0
I see gilding on the attachment part. They look hand forged to me. Does the long end have a hole? For hanging something or part of a riveted fireiron/pot holder set?
nangant, Hi, i do think the long end had a hole, theres a half moon shape where its broke off, so hard to tell how much of it I found. I really like the fire iron, pot holder idea, and hand forged always works for me!!

Upvote 1
What is the working definition of gilt being used? I see no gold.
The loop portion is WAY too common of a shape and design to remotely attempt to narrow down this one's particular use.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back