Two Indians go to the Barber

Jamie1993

Feb 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to a local middle school yesterday to relieve a little of the holiday stress. The maps and aerial photos showed a house on the school grounds from 1900 till the 1950's. The first couple of hours ended up being clad hunt, about $ 4.58 worth. I moved a round a little bit and found an iron patch, since I was using the AT Pro with the Storm coil I stayed on the out skirts of the patch. The first older coin to be retrieved from a plug was a 1936 Wheatie. A couple of feet from there was a 1900 Indian six inches down. Twenty feet away and 8" down turned out to be a 1901 Indian. I ended up on the opposite side of the iron patch and I got an VDI 81-83, 8 inches down on the AT Pro, I found a 1900 Barber dime in the bottom of the hole.

197.JPG 199.JPG

200.JPG 201.JPG

Thanks for viewing, comments are always welcome.
Hope everyone has a safe and Merry Christmas.

Upvote 22
Very nice finds. Barber coins will always get the blood pumping.

Thanks, Treazurehunter.

Great finds! Sweet dime and I love those Indians! Both are still on my list to find. Continued good hunting.

Nice digging. You better check that place again......

Great hunt, I sure could use a stress relief hunt myself LOL, congratulations on the IHPs and sweet silver! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

now that's the way to do it, sweet silver and IHPs:occasion14:

Man, barber Dimes are so beautiful. One of my favorite coins and I’ve only found a few. Well done!!

Thanks, Hawks88.

Thanks, Coil-2-Soil. Hopefully there will be a couple of Indians in your future. They always pop up when you least expect it.

Thanks, Catherine1. I went back to the area Sunday morning and found only clad and a lead toy.

Love those IHPs and Barber's. Congratulations. Nice hunt.

Thanks, Whyme.

Thanks Mike. The 1927 aerials aerials show a house in the back portion of the field. Whenever I go there I always find shards of porclien.

Thanks BLKHOLE. It definitely help relieve some of the stress. My heart rate definitely went up.
Hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas and a great New Year.

Thanks dirtlooter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back