Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thursday I headed to a Baltimore Co. park to explore an area bounded by RR tracks, highway and stream. Looks like it's better for winter when overgrowth is down, so I contented myself with checking out the farm dump and coin-shooting the bleacher area of the ball field. In late morning I headed down to the city and had a decent afternoon, finding a wheat, shield nickel, buffalo nickel, two marbles and a merc there. With the nickel from the county park I made a trifecta. Pretty dry here around Baltimore...need some rain to help the grass and help the signals.

finds.jpg

Upvote 16
That's a pretty good haul believe me many times Ill go out and come back with the big Goose egg o natta I would be happy with those Goodjob McCdig Thanks for the post!!!!!!

If it is in Baltimore, I know you will sniff it out. Congrats on the tri-fecta and I do love those Mercurys.

Very nice finds! Get back there soon, there's more hiding!

Had the same tough digging in Baltimore County.

Dry as a bone. Almost like concrete in some places.

Nice job on the Nickle trifecta McCdig. Those are some nice finds.

Thanks Tommy! I was wearing down out there and got revived with seeing silver.

Thanks vpnavy! That '15 thingy' is the back of a fuse to a Westinghouse Stratford sewing machine from the 1920s.

Thanks ATW! I'm amazed at the silver that keeps turning up in this old park. Years ago I pretty much gave up on this park and wrote it off as too trashy.

Thanks SD51! The merc and shield from the space around and old oak tree where there are many trash signals.

Thanks OWK! That's what I've liked about hunting in the woods of late. Grounds not quite as dry and there's no grass to kill.

Thanks Trezurehunter! Had I not set my Fisher to 3H tones, I know I'd be leaving nickels behind.

Thanks scruggs! Yep, each marble was in a nothin' hole. Think my pinpointer batteries were weak, so I don't know if I left something behind, but there were the marbles, each in a different hole!

Ya don't see shield nickels too much, great job!

Hi jbwish, that color of the merc is not as it appears. The way I limit the lighting when I photograph silver causes the camera to give it that hue.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back