Two firsts for me today!!

DKinPA

Aug 21, 2005
Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Minelab ETrac & Tesoro Silver UMax
I had no after work commitments tonight so I took advantage of the "decent" weather, 46 degrees and not raining....that is pretty decent after the winter we lived through in PA this year! I went to a local baseball field / picnic grove that I have been hunting for the last four years or so. I have had moderate success here in the past with clad coinage, wheats and a piece of silver or two....but tonight was the best yet!! This field holds water like a sponge and there was a considerable amount of area that was just too wet to walk through so I picked a corner that was dry and started swingin'. There is a considerable amount of trash here to work through but shortly after I started the F75 LTD hit hard and loud with a VID locked on at 90 and I could tell from the pinpoint it had coin potential. The machine said 7" so I took a full plug and there she was lookin' up at me.....my first ever Walking Liberty Half!!! A 1943 in pretty good shape! I thought my night was made until I moved about 3' and hit a solid repeatable nickel signal at 6". Again, a full plug and there was a nickel. At this point I had no idea what nickel but nickel none the less. About 6' away I hit a nice solid 68 on the VID and popped a 1930 wheat cent from about 6" deep.
After getting home I could see the nickel was a Liberty Head V nickel....wow....another first. This baby needs some serious help to get a date off of though....any suggestions?

Enjoy the pics and thanks for looking!! Happy Hunting!

Dave

Attachments

• 43Walker_Vnickel.jpg
    43Walker_Vnickel.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 590
  • 1943 Walker.jpg
    1943 Walker.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 587
Upvote 0
Firsts finds are always fun and that lWalking looks top notch ! V nickels are near Impossible to find in good let alone great condition ! If you want to get a date go find another one in better condition !! LOL :laughing9: :laughing9: MaineRelic

It's a great thrill to find a big silver half. Looks like a nice one. Congrats! :icon_thumright:

Looks like the half cleaned up good. Congrats on your coins.
Dman

Awesome job!!! I found my 1st ever half today as well (1950 Franklin)

Great hunt congrats on your first.

Congs on your finds. The walker looks great. Too bad about the V....Matt

congrats DK !
on the 2 Firsts.

I Thought for sure you were Hunting down the road.
That Ball park is realy working out with some Patience.

Awesome job Dave. Sounds like the f75ltd is working good for you... Tex

nice half and V!!!!!!! MR TUFF

Hey Jim, yeah I'm pretty sure this machine is gonna grow on me real quick!! I like the weight, the depth I'm gettin' and the solid hits it gives me on any coin!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back