Two First: Seated/Skeleton Key

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hey all,,,
Thanks to the old IH graveyard I have accomplished one of my goals for the summer to find anything Seated...
It's worn almost completely smooth, but ya can tell she sit'n there... By the design on the reverse it must be one from 1860 - 1891.
No date is visable, but I'm going to try and hit it with the inferred camera later to see if it will show...
Also found my first Skeleton Key, a 1944d wheatie, and some type of older button made of brass/ no markings...
The dime was only 4" deep, and sounded off like it was screeming to get out. It was in an area we had hit before, but must have been in a hurry that day, because I don't see how anyone wouldn't have dug this signal. It had the sweet sound of silver all over it...
I'll be going back to cover this area much better than I have, I know there are still some good targets left...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

P.S.> I guess this is were they got the saying , thats one thin dime...

Attachments

• 051205.JPG
    051205.JPG
    10.6 KB · Views: 324
Upvote 0
Nice finds, I have yet to find my first seated! Congrats.

Great finds Leon!

You know what you'll find next....... when you find keys, then you'll find..................

.............................garter clips! ;D

Nana ;)

Nice digs!

HH

Lonewolfe

Thanks all,,,
No problem tammahawk, It's what they call a " Seated Liberty Dime ". It's the 1st smooth silver object in the pic.
Here's a link to a site that will show you what it's supposed to look like:http://coinfacts.com/dimes/seated_liberty_dimes.html

Got back out for about a hour this morn'n, same location, found: 1 nickle, 1 clad penny, and a 1929 wheatie in pretty good shape, still brown. I still have a lot of new ground to cover, just have to find the patches of old dirt, verses the new fill dirt...
A good rain wouldn't hurt none either...
Here's a shot with the infered, there just ain't a whole lot of her left... :'(
From the pic, it looks like she's facing the other way, but she's still smiling... ;D

Attachments

• Dimet.jpg
    Dimet.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 264
Great job Leon!!!!you are the coin man!!!you always bring something nice to show and tell.keep it up !looking forward to more post's!H.H!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back