Two Cent coin and a Chinese coin

NVNutcase

Sep 9, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took the Daughter and Granddaughter out today for a couple Drenched hours. Yes it does rain in Nevada ! I was lucky enough to find a 2 cent coin, (my First) and she nailed a good sized Chinese coin. It was a Fun day enjoyed by all.

DSCN1938.JPGDSCN1939.JPGDSCN1940.JPGDSCN1941.JPG

Upvote 9
That 2 center is in amazing condition!

nice finds. have to love the condition o western relics. the Chinese coin is a 'common' find is west coast camps going all the way to the California Gold Rush. I love finding them. They are always old. I forget the exact year on yours but it is circa 1723-1796 give or take a year or two.

I averaged about one a month in western sites so they are by no means a 'easy' dig. There is a bigger older style that shows up less. I have found only 3 of the older style. it is super rare to find anything other than these two types.

I do not read Chinese but it should have a mint mark location. Nice finds.

I don't really know what I'm talking about here, but to me it seems like finds that old in a state like that are few and far between! Congrats!

nice finds. have to love the condition o western relics. the Chinese coin is a 'common' find is west coast camps going all the way to the California Gold Rush. I love finding them. They are always old. I forget the exact year on yours but it is circa 1723-1796 give or take a year or two.

I averaged about one a month in western sites so they are by no means a 'easy' dig. There is a bigger older style that shows up less. I have found only 3 of the older style. it is super rare to find anything other than these two types.

I do not read Chinese but it should have a mint mark location. Nice finds.

I think it is 1735-1796

yep, very nice two center

Nice digs . Thanks for the pics

Holy- gee whiz. I may need to move out west. Those coins that everyone is finding out that way is in so much better shape then the ones around here!

sweet digs!, never get tired of 2 centers!

Pretty coins, I would love to find either of those two. Better yet three of each!

your 2cent appears to be a large motto version, with WE weak, the condition appears to be around FAIR and $20-$30 would be a good guess on value. I recently sold a Small Motto in AG to GOOD condition for $24. great save

Thanks for that link. The thing I like about the 2 cent piece is that it's the same year we became a State. I'm calling it, my "Battle Born" coin .

Two very nice finds. It is nice that you got your daughter and granddaughter involved. Sounds like a fun time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back