Two cast iron Hubley cars

The first one is a "take-apart". I saw some listed as 1930's. That is certainly the vintage of the model ('34 Ford?) but I don't know if that's when it was made.

Nice pieces!

DCMatt

Upvote 0
Hubley Toy price guide, car values and images

for once DC i disagree...the first modle is not a take apart..i sold several 32 roadsters for big dollars...the kits...
this one is listed on the first page of the link i provided...in blue.
the racer is a nice piece also...both are in the 100 dollar range in that condition...perhaps more back east.

Upvote 0
I'm not an expert on these cars, but I'm also not seeing that the Roadster posted here and the one at the link provided by pippinwhitepaws as the same car, there are details that are different from one car to the other, the convertible top is different and also the doors, the rubble seat doesn't appear to open on the one post here and the one at the ink the rubble seat is opened or fixed in that position, there are other details that are different as well, these three differences just jumped out at me.

The car from the link...

09.jpg

The car posted above..

photo1_zps01ab324c.jpg

Upvote 0
Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
Hubley Cars

Hubley Toy price guide, car values and images

for once DC i disagree...the first modle is not a take apart..i sold several 32 roadsters for big dollars...the kits...
this one is listed on the first page of the link i provided...in blue.
the racer is a nice piece also...both are in the 100 dollar range in that condition...perhaps more back east.

No DC is correct. The kits were diecast metal. This one is cast iron Pre WW2 as is the racer. Furthermore the take aparts are clear by the wire clip underneath which holds it the chassis and body together.
The second is a Hubley #5 Racer 1791.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back