✅ SOLVED Turn mold beer base

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dug this old beer bottle and recognized it as a export beer blown in a turn mold. I would probably date this one sometime between 1875- 1890 but was wondering about its base. It looks like some pontiled bottles I have seen, but I thought that pontils were out by this date range and that turn or paste molds were generally never partnered with pontil bases.The stretched out bubbles definitly show the stretching of the glass and There are the usual faint horizontal lineage from being turned...but the base? Am I just seeing things? Thanks vn.

DSC00080.JPGDSC00021.JPGDSC00006.JPGDSC00004.JPGDSC09998.JPG

Wish this was moved to the bottles and glass forum......I got no one here:dontknow: Hey,where's Harry, where's Sunruner.....anybody out there, how bout a wild guess or just make somethin up:laughing7:

Upvote 0
Hello...is there anybody in there....just nod if you can hear me...is there any one at home

wishfully speaking,
pink floyd

Upvote 0
Interesting...I can hear you, however I'm out of my element...

And yes, the topic is important...

Upvote 0
Oh dear God, someone please help this man with an ID!!!!!!!

I can't help further than this. :dontknow:

Upvote 0
That bottle didn't look old to me. How far does the seam go? From bottom to the tipity top?
I believe it's modern.

Upvote 0
That bottle didn't look old to me. How far does the seam go? From bottom to the tipity top?
I believe it's modern.

I re-posted a new thread in B&G due to ..well that's where bottle guys hang out:laughing7:. I did get the input I needed at that forum.The bottle is an oldie though, that was not in question but rather the marks on the base were a bit out of my ordinary.No seams here, it was mouth blown in a mold that was pasted and the bottle spun as it was blown, eliminating seam lines. This is an obsolete form of bottle making nowadays. Thanks for lookin though,vn.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back