Turkey season

tnmudman

Feb 12, 2017
middle tennessee
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It is turkey season here, my friend killed one yesterday morning.later that day I found my turkey,but I just got the tail. 0404191742.jpg

Upvote 0
Starts here April 15. I have the best turkey spot in the township on my land. I don't hunt but traded hunting rights to a farmer friend for detecting rights on the 1500 acres he farms. A good trade. Gary

It's wide open here in SC. I turkey hunt and find myself looking at the ground a lot for arrowheads while walking hunt club roads this time of year.

My father in law sold his 1000 acre parcel in Ukiah California 3 years ago. I haven't hunted turkey since. I really need to find a new spot. There were so many Turkeys on this property that you could literally pick and choose. It will be herd to replicate that. (Yes I cried a little)

My wife and me had to stop several times on the way to town to let the turkeys cross .

Archery Season opens tomorrow up here.
My hunting area is still flooded, gonna be tough. This was last years. 22 lbs dressed.
5D6C1FC5-2DF4-4BDC-B4DA-E3520BD17249.jpeg
Its river bottom and I hunt artifacts there too.
8A6BFE73-9E48-4EE2-8464-4C5D67951725.jpg

Leaving our place on the one lane back road to go have breakfast yesterday with some old friends we counted a couple dozen Toms . And a few more running around in my pasture I don't hunt game any more safe haven on my place .

Leaving our place on the one lane back road to go have breakfast yesterday with some old friends we counted a couple dozen Toms . And a few more running around in my pasture I don't hunt game any more safe haven on my place .
They aren't messy and destructive?

I haven't hunted in about 10 years. Live now in a rural, gated community,that doesn't allow hunting. Moved down from farm in mountains. Got occasional bear in the yard, often see flocks turkey and their chicks, herds of deer, from my deck and our road. Got a squirrel named Bob (something took half his tail) comes to the deck demands corn. As I said in another post, I'm just to old and prone to falling down to be out by myself. Retired from Military, 22 years, collected arrowheads since I was 12. Found several from the different places assigned. Sit on deck now, listen to country, 50's music, on Sirius, have one or two Wild Turkey's or JB's a day, remember old times, read, babysit grandkids when needed visit with friends on facebook. Life is good.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back