Tuesday Evenings Finds!

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
This evening we headed to a completely new fiel, the peas have just been harvested.

Bit of a different area to search, the field on the opposite side of the road has an iron age enclosure noted, but is still under corn… this side of the road had the old ironstone workings running thru it, will add lidar and old map.. (black crossed line) mainly because we only had an hour and didnt get much!! Xx

Not sure what first item is, 3 buttons, a musket ball, bit of a crotal bell, and what he believes is a pot mend.. 🤔 xx

IMG_7603.jpeg
IMG_7604.jpeg
IMG_7605.jpeg
IMG_7606.jpeg
IMG_7600.png
IMG_7601.png
IMG_7588.jpeg
IMG_7587.jpeg
IMG_7592.jpeg

Upvote 23
Good to see you got out even for a short hunt.

The first item looks like a part fob seal hanger.
Lovely Scottish Thistle picture, the bees/pollinators will enjoy the nectar.

I need to learn your LiDAR abilities

Applause!

Congrats on the outing and goodies!
Not a clue what you found in the crescent shape . But would of course try it on a boot as a spur first. Then consider an andiron foot and yule log holder .
Not sure which would get worn out first , the iron or my imagination...

@pepperj and @releventchair … the first item is 4cm x 4 cm… 🤔…..xx
cm.
P.J. would understand such a foreign language...
L.o.l..

Seems spur range to me.

And anytime a crescent is stemmed . a "rowlock " can get tossed in the imaginary hat for imaginary purpose. With proper caution of context like finding it in a desert that never saw water prior ect..
Not that it couldn't have been dropped by an ancient Roman mariner in Egypt. (O.K. I'm stretching a bit far again.)

A single rowlock for sculling. Two for rowing.

cm.
P.J. would understand such a foreign language...
L.o.l..

Seems spur range to me.

And anytime a crescent is stemmed . a "rowlock " can get tossed in the imaginary hat for imaginary purpose. With proper caution of context like finding it in a desert that never saw water prior ect..
Not that it couldn't have been dropped by an ancient Roman mariner in Egypt. (O.K. I'm stretching a bit far again.)

A single rowlock for sculling. Two for rowing.
4cm =1.5748 inches… so would be tiny footed ancester… perhaps Simon Smallfoot of Saltby…. Who up till now has eluded a mention in the annuls of history… until now 🤔 xxx 😂

4cm =1.5748 inches… so would be tiny footed ancester… perhaps Simon Smallfoot of Saltby…. Who up till now has eluded a mention in the annuls of history… until now 🤔 xxx 😂
No fairies or leprechauns there?
Petite dwarf perhaps on his trusty rabbit steed or something?

Ya. That's small. P.J.'s fob seal hanger is much nearer an idea.
(The heck is a fob seal hanger?)

Still haven't found anything close...

This evening we headed to a completely new fiel, the peas have just been harvested.

Bit of a different area to search, the field on the opposite side of the road has an iron age enclosure noted, but is still under corn… this side of the road had the old ironstone workings running thru it, will add lidar and old map.. (black crossed line) mainly because we only had an hour and didnt get much!! Xx

Not sure what first item is, 3 buttons, a musket ball, bit of a crotal bell, and what he believes is a pot mend.. 🤔 xx

View attachment 2090942View attachment 2090943View attachment 2090944View attachment 2090945View attachment 2090946View attachment 2090947View attachment 2090948View attachment 2090949View attachment 2090950
Great job Blossum! Keep it up!

View attachment 2090942View attachment 2090943View attachment 2090944View attachment 2090945View attachment 2090946View attachment 2090947View attachment 2090948View attachment 2090949View attachment 2090950
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back