Tuesday Evening Finds xx

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Yep we went out again!! Went back to the swampy boggy clayfield as drying nicely….😆 xx

This spoon was a banging signal.. but boy was she deep! Little tack pin, oval this time, a ring (not finger type) handle.. and strange smooth black piece of metal (?) looks like it should be stone!! Musket ball and just 3 buttons tonight, Victoria penny and 2 pre dec crusty half pennies… and last but not least, your girl Blossom brought home the silver… 1928 Half Crown!! xx

Agapanthus coming out in the garden.. and the perfect castle picture 😍 xx

IMG_8405.jpeg
IMG_8406.jpeg
IMG_8407.jpeg
IMG_8408.jpeg
IMG_8409.jpeg
IMG_8410.jpeg
IMG_8404.jpeg
IMG_8403.jpeg
IMG_8397.jpeg
IMG_8400.jpeg

Upvote 26
Well congrats on the Half Crown-I noticed George got a haircut.
Do you recall what the black piece rang up for #s on the Deus?
Lovely picture puzzle photo of the castle.

Well congrats on the Half Crown-I noticed George got a haircut.
Do you recall what the black piece rang up for #s on the Deus?
Lovely picture puzzle photo of the castle.
Thanks Peps…😆.. not guessing today 😅 … its 74… weighs 6g and is an inch across the widest bit 🤔 xx

Thanks Peps…😆.. not guessing today 😅 … its 74… weighs 6g and is an inch across the widest bit 🤔 xx
Well a 74 isn't a 94 so I'll throw that thought out with the dish water.
It actually looks like a piece of slate. I assume it looks the same on the other side as well?
Maybe a photo of it standing up might jog a memory or a thought in the minds of the readership.

Yep we went out again!! Went back to the swampy boggy clayfield as drying nicely….😆 xx

This spoon was a banging signal.. but boy was she deep! Little tack pin, oval this time, a ring (not finger type) handle.. and strange smooth black piece of metal (?) looks like it should be stone!! Musket ball and just 3 buttons tonight, Victoria penny and 2 pre dec crusty half pennies… and last but not least, your girl Blossom brought home the silver… 1928 Half Crown!! xx

View attachment 2098345View attachment 2098346View attachment 2098347View attachment 2098348View attachment 2098349View attachment 2098350View attachment 2098351View attachment 2098352View attachment 2098353View attachment 2098354
Love the perspective on the spoon...and the quality of your presentation...great assortment of finds.... :)

That castle never gets old. Well ,viewing it doesn't anyways.

Great mix. Hard to kick about that.

Dark piece is odd for sure. Three little cats paw finger drag marks like someone struck repeatedly to prove it was malleable.
Half round area like it was holed when whole maybe.
The only thing coming to mind quickly (which is always a hazard anyways) is a magnet.
Because that's wrong it's on to a type of alloy used to make a spindle whorl.
(Because....I couldn't work in sauce bottle bit to it.)

Congrats! That old silver a keeper! And a pile of goodies to add to the pile.
Even a spoon.

Last edited:

View attachment 2098345View attachment 2098346View attachment 2098347View attachment 2098348View attachment 2098349View attachment 2098350View attachment 2098351View attachment 2098352View attachment 2098353View attachment 2098354
Very Nice!!!! Congrats!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back