TSU or UST logo lid?

Jun 17, 2010
Middle,Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Detectors used: Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Ace 250,Garrett Treasure-Ace 200(retired) with Garrett PRO-POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 0319012316.jpg
    0319012316.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 1,615
  • 0319012316a.jpg
    0319012316a.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 584
Felinepeachy said:
Tennessee State University
couldn't find a logo of theirs that looked like this....what would the lid been for?

Upvote 0
I have to say...I love the What Is It forum...

and I finally, positively, knew what it was before anyone else. It is a first time for me!!!! :hello2:

Upvote 0
clovis97 said:
I have to say...I love the What Is It forum...

and I finally, positively, knew what it was before anyone else. It is a first time for me!!!! :hello2:

:occasion18: :wav: :occasion14: :occasion16: :hello2: :headbang: :notworthy:

Attachments

• Congratulations.gif
    Congratulations.gif
    100.9 KB · Views: 1,772
  • Congratulations.gif
    Congratulations.gif
    100.9 KB · Views: 1,729
Upvote 0
clovis97 said:
It is a lid to a can of Copenhagen snuff.

UST stands for United States Tobacco.
where did you see this logo?
i thought of the snuff (i dip) didn;t see this logo!

Upvote 0
Copenhagen used to be packaged in a pressed chipboard can, with a metal top, just like what Tennessee Treasure Hunter has in his picture. Skoal was packaged the same way, IIRC.

I went to high school in the 80's, and all the Copenhagen cans were pressed chipboard with a steel top. It seems that Skoal went to a plastic can, but the Copenhagen brand stayed in the chipboard can for many years after.

Is Copenhagen packaged in a plastic can these days?

Upvote 0
old metal top cover for glass --- drinking glass shaped "snuff" container -- United States Tobbaco Company ---

Upvote 0
FWIW, I wonder if the lid that the OP is an older can, dating earlier than the 80's.

The OP's lid has a much fancier UST logo, as well as a full grip stamped around the outer rim, most likely for ease of opening.

Upvote 0
psst look on E bay it shows a exactly matching * UST type tin lid along with with a drinking glass type snuff container * from older persons estate ( when empty I guess they could have used the container for a drinking glass / just throw the "top" lid away ) -- it say's it is from around the 1911 era when United States Tobbaco Company was set up due to the "busting up" of the tobbaco monoply owned by JAMES BUCHANAN DUKE * by teddy rooosevelt -- this could be very very old * (100 years ago) maybe even going back as far as the "original" 1911 UST company

look in E Bay use ------------ snuff lid - all categories -----------in e bay listings & scroll down a bit :wink: :icon_thumright: ;D

the rim is stamped that way to "fit" the glass and stay snug upon it :wink:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back