Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1427330884480.jpg
    FB_IMG_1427330884480.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 135
IMG_20150326_102107422.jpg No markings. DC Matt is correct. It's definitely a Street Car. Now trying to figure out it's age. I included a Pen for scale.

Upvote 0
That's it Matt. If the age of the Farm is any indication it could very well be early 1900's. Found it buried next to an old Well.

Upvote 0
That is funny.I found one that is similar to the one you found. Mine was from the 1920s And it was found next to an old rock wall.Welcome to T net

Upvote 0
Is it cast iron or pot metal? I see couplings on both ends usually associated with train cars. That being said they did have
"train trolleys" or multi car streetcars too.

6432383_orig.jpg

Upvote 0
Is it cast iron or pot metal? I see couplings on both ends usually associated with train cars. That being said they did have
"train trolleys" or multi car streetcars too.

6432383_orig.jpg

No markings and it appears to be cast iron.

Upvote 0
That is funny.I found one that is similar to the one you found. Mine was from the 1920s And it was found next to an old rock wall.Welcome to T net

Thanks a bunch ! Always nice to meet people with your same interests.

Upvote 0
I believe it is a slush-molded train car from the Tootsie Toy train set of the 1930's. Check photos of the set on line and compare to be sure. Always fun to find toys! Sub 8-)

Upvote 0
I believe it is a slush-molded train car from the Tootsie Toy train set of the 1930's. Check photos of the set on line and compare to be sure. Always fun to find toys! Sub 8-)

I have yet to find this exact Car. The windows on this are solid not hollow. Still don't know.

Upvote 0
Is it cast iron, tin, or what? It looks like it belonged on a train set/layout because it has a coupler on each end.

Neat find :)
Breezie

Upvote 0
It appears to be Cast Iron. No visible markings. I'm guessing it's early 1900's but who knows ?

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back