diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody recognize this? The one symbol resembles the 3 pointed Mercedes star but it is actually more of an pointed arrow shape. The crest has many heraldic symbols depicted. Acorns, a spur with wings, a scythe?, an oil lamp and a carpenter's square.

DSC00199.jpg

Coincidentally, I just looked up a 1st squadron, 17th Air Calvary pin for another member. The stirrup with wings if their emblem.

Upvote 0
You just have to narrow down which unit of the 17th Cavalry Brigade may have used three acorns? Quartermaster's?

U026_lg.jpg

Upvote 0
The left insignia is actually an Oldsmobile Winged Spur Insignia...... Still looking for the right hand insignia

Outright Oldsmobile! - Oldsmobile Logos

The Winged Spur appeared on such vehicles as the 1934 Oldsmobile Six Touring Coupe complete with "trunk, built into the body." In 1939, Oldsmobile would introduce 1940 models with the industry's first fully automatic transmission.

Oldsmobile Winged Spur Insignia.PNG

Upvote 0
The left insignia is actually an Oldsmobile Winged Spur Insignia...... Still looking for the right hand insignia

Outright Oldsmobile! - Oldsmobile Logos

View attachment 1121749

Thanks. I found that last night too. The V logo appears to belong to the Oldsmobile Viking which was only made for a few years between 1929 and 1931 with only a little over 7000 being made. mostly in 1929 and 30. Nice! The car is rare so I guess the fob is too.
Viking (automobile) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

250px-Gmvikinglogo.png

The back is marked Metal Arts Co. Rochester, NY. I did find a reference to them in a 1928 Boy's Life magazine so that's good.

Upvote 0
And I was looking at Pontiacs...
Lol ! I was close last night. heh
Good job on ID...
Knew it was a car fob.

Upvote 0
Thanks. I found that last night too. The V logo appears to belong to the Oldsmobile Viking which was only made for a few years between 1929 and 1931 with only a little over 7000 being made. mostly in 1929 and 30. Nice! The car is rare so I guess the fob is too.
Viking (automobile) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

250px-Gmvikinglogo.png

The back is marked Metal Arts Co. Rochester, NY. I did find a reference to them in a 1928 Boy's Life magazine so that's good.

for some reason Chrysler Fob came to mind.

I'm glad I checked all posts before searching :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back