Trying to ID Another Ring

Wavydavy67

Greenie
Mar 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At first I thought maybe this was someone's initial(s), but now I'm not so sure. I can't even make our for sure whether there is one letter or more, or if it's actually some kind of symbol. Anyone ever come across something like this? Maybe an R? or a K? Maybe a T in the center? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0293.JPG
    IMG_0293.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 91
Do you really think so? I don't know if you saw my earlier posting, but the box this was found in also contained a ring that's a KKK ring. I can't see the KKK on this ring, but it definitely looks like multiple letters superimposed. There seems to be one straight line down the middle, but I can't figure it out. This was in a box of old family jewelry, and nobody in the family has the initials RT, TR, KT, TK or anything like that. The two families it's most likely it came from start with H & D. That's why I thought this might be some sort of symbol rather than simply a ring with initials.

Upvote 0
The initials on the far right side of the face are faded out, but they may be " RFR." Cool old ring! Sub 8-)

Upvote 0
I can make out RF on the top/face of the ring, might be that a couple different angle photos are in order. I think that might help.

Upvote 0
Back then it was not uncommon to re engrave over another initial when the ring changed hands. To me it looks just like that. Someone added an initial over someone elses Dad to son Mother to daughter leaving the old memory behind the new initial.
My thoughts

Upvote 0
I'll have to see if I can get some better photos and maybe get a better magnifying glass too. Thanks for all the theories. Always good to have a few more sets of eyes!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back