Trying to figure out this signature??

koolaidsmile

May 17, 2012
I've been trying to figure out this signature on a sterling silver hammered money clip! I've tried every combination of letters I can think of and just can't get it!! What do you see!!
Please help me I'm going NUTS trying to figure it out!!
image-1233098234.jpg

image-3892146688.jpg

image-4294128946.jpg

Kathy (koolaidsmile) :-)

I don't think it is a signature. It looks like "Finest" to me.

Upvote 0
It's tough to read! Can you prop a magnifying glass on it and take a photo like that?

Upvote 0
silver ..purity 531...usually silver is 800 and 925...800 was used pre 1900 largely...so it's a bit low on purity...
try 925-1000.com ... it's a huge site on silver...register to the forum there...i'm sure someone will help you out with more details...but you need to get a better photo on that "hand writing"

Upvote 0
Interesting find. Can't help with the mark, though.

HH,
Anita

Upvote 0
Kathy,
What is on the other side of the money clip?

silver ..purity 531...usually silver is 800 and 925...800 was used pre 1900 largely...so it's a bit low on purity...
try 925-1000.com ... it's a huge site on silver...register to the forum there...i'm sure someone will help you out with more details...but you need to get a better photo on that "hand writing"

I guarantee that the 531 is NOT a reference to the silver content as anything less than 92.5% silver is not sterling.

It may have been the 531st piece in a line or the 531st piece created by the silversmith

Upvote 0
WELL that came the first to me...since it has no marking next to 531...you know...like * # (not those signs ...but anything pointing out it's a piece of a serie...) the next thing that comes to mind is purity...also if you look at the photos..as they are...i see..I SEE ...sterlin and a C in the end not a G ...

Upvote 0
you got a camera right...?...doesn't it have a flower on the little wheel you turn when you make photos...?(the little flower makes "macro" photos...recte bigger resolution)...try that...also try the site i told you...it's huge...all about silver...

Upvote 0
Pyrate awesome job! I have to ask how you found that your investigation skills are unbelievable!! I Must know your technique!!

Kathy (koolaidsmile) :-)

Upvote 0
Love of research + mad google skills & some boredom

just playing "What is it" like a vidya game....

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back