Apr 3, 2006
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 And
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone seen any thing like this?
I`ve searched everything that deals with car and home radio, TV and CB`s.
There`s are no markings :( on the back and measures 4-inches x 2 and 1/8 inches approximate.

Hope everyone is having a great day and thank`s for any help in advance.
B|lker in Raleigh, NC

Attachments

• radio plate 1010.jpg
    radio plate 1010.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Is that a logo bottom left? Hard to see. Old AM radio maybe with a rotary dial. I vusualize it having a large thumb wheel type control like the Philco on the right. Sorry not much help.

radio dial.jpgradio philco.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is that a logo bottom left? Hard to see. Old AM radio maybe with a rotary dial. I vusualize it having a large thumb wheel type control like the Philco on the right. Sorry not much help.

View attachment 648187View attachment 648191

Thanks for your input Bigcypresshunter :)
I`ve taken a close up of the Logo and it looks to me like a man with a beard in a driving hat?
I have searched a few CB radio sites but found nothing with that finger rolling channel selector.
It almost looks like the letters CB around his head?

You did a geat job showing how it might have looked.:thumbsup:

Thanks for looking everyone and HH.

Attachments

• radio plate logo.JPG
    radio plate logo.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Upvote 0
You have an old AM radio dial plate. Probably 1930's to 1940's.
I do not recognise the logo. Look in old AM radio manafacturers.
There were a whole slue of folks wh made the Edison, Belmont, Sears, Silvertone. etc.
WAY before CB came along.
DG

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The logo is key. Whats a driving hat? This is solvable but will take some searcdhing.

Could it be a pirate? EB? Pirates_36.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That definitely looks like it. Is this for Edison Bell?
No sorry I cannot find a match with Edison Bell. The logo is from a 1925 company no longer in business. I found it on a trademark site that sells old inactive dead logos. Logo Trademarks with a EB Inside the Logo

The company did not make radios as far as I can determine. So I think its a dead end but I was just asking if the letters are the same. Its solvable for someone with time to search.

Upvote 0
No sorry I cannot find a match with Edison Bell. The logo is from a 1925 company no longer in business. I found it on a trademark site that sells old inactive dead logos. Logo Trademarks with a EB Inside the Logo

The company did not make radios as far as I can determine. So I think its a dead end but I was just asking if the letters are the same. Its solvable for someone with time to search.

Darnnit (sp) Bigcypresshunter you have got me all excited again because i believe the logo you posted is correct:hello2:
Iv`e already spent an hour tonight looking for the plate even on military items.
I`ll keep looking; and try to clean it up a bit with some baking soda for better pics of the front and back.
Thanks for looking ALL.
B|lker in NC

Upvote 0
Still not solved! Although I did not post I also have come to several dead ends.
One promising lead was ham radio's, but that dead ended too.:dontknow:

Upvote 0
OK, I've got a little closer. The emblem belongs to a radio maker called American Bosch.

American_Bosch_536_Namepl.jpg

Upvote 0
Here we go...this is it.

American_Bosch_46.jpg

Attachments

• American_Bosch_46.jpg
    American_Bosch_46.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can't make out what the emblem is supposed to be. Either a guy with flying goggles
or driving goggles. this company did make car radios.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back