• tro1.JPG
    tro1.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 352
  • tro2.JPG
    tro2.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 1,081
Last edited:
Upvote 1
Do you have any close up pictures of it? how much did you pay for it? did the seller inform you where he aquired it from?
It looks real but thats just from looking at those pictures. That would be a very nice fossils and worth around $250 or so dollars. The stone looks like it was a fossil from Morocco..resembles a Paradoxides speciman but Im not sure judging by those pictures.
(geologist who studied under a prof who loves the Cambrien period and diagramed more than enough trilobites and other such critters)

WOW. you just never know what you'll see when you come here! cool fossil

I forgot where he said he found it. I know he said it wasn't local (North Carolina). I paid $25 for it. He was selling two others for more since they belonged to his friends.

25 bucks is very cheap..but ya never know. I cant tell from the pictures but to me it looks real.
Either way, a cast of a trilobite would be more than 25 dollars so the way I see it, you made out either way haha

Drill a tiny hole in the bottom about midway through..if its real you will have a small drill hole though. Good way to find out. If theres a university around you with a geology or paleontology program Im sure they wouldnt mind taking a gander at it. Most "gravel monkeys" are dorks when it comes to that.

The bottom does look a little sketchy, but if it were a cast they would have (no offense) made the top a bit nicer. It looks too decayed and worn to be a cast really. I say drill a small hole though. if its in the bottom, wont really ruin the value any

I took it to a rock shop in Franklin, NC. The owner said it was a real fossil on a plaster backing.

What in the world is the point of a real fossil on a plaster backing haha I think the guy had it mixed around...but anyway, for 25 dollars, nice snag!

It looks like original or fake Moroccoan trilobite Cambropallas telesto.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back