Trigger guard?

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this today. Looks like a trigger guard for a double barrel shot gun ???? DSC00756.JPGDSC00750.JPG Or is it a handle from a cup or drawer pull?? :icon_scratch:DSC00751.JPGDSC00748.JPG

Forgot to mention the size. Its about 4 inches long. 5/8" at its widest point and 1 5/8" from were its broken to the bottom of the curve. Take into consideration the heavy crusty corrosion factor. DSC00761.JPGDSC00762.JPGDSC00763.JPGDSC00765.JPG Part of the "lever" from a lever action rifle???

Upvote 0
It does kind of look like a trigger guard, but I have never seen one out of iron.:icon_scratch:

Upvote 0
I don't have large hands but it fits perfect in the palm of my hand. Like a pair of brass knuckles. It also crossed my mind that it possibly a knife or sword hand guard??? Or maybe its just a iron cup handle or from a large pot or something.

Upvote 0
Almost looks like a drawer pull. Would make sense to fit your hand

Upvote 0
Talked with my victorian furniture expert. He seemed to think its not a drawer pull. He pointed out the ends on either side, were the metal is broke. The ends are on more of an angle drawer pulls are more of a straight 90 degree angle. Plus one one side you can see a second nub were it broke. A drawer pull would not have that on one side.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back