tried posting etley

Here are the images you are trying to display.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Thanx AU. Now for some reason my phone wont let me view pics or make changes to my post. did you get other pics i snt?

thinking etley

I found this in a SE Mo creek was thinking is an etley. its 3n3/8 in length and very creek worn. any other ideas on type?

No expert either so looked at Adena robbins type and they look much wider with more shoulder to them. that said maybe this one has just been resharpend until i just wanted it to be etley. thanx for the reply and insite.

s.e. mo. does not rule out ether one, so i think the adena robin is to wide and has barbed shoulders while the etley is a narrower point with up slope shoulders. to me your point is a very nice etley that anyone should be proud to have in there collection! Terry

Is it common for creek finds to be more smooth and all the fine flaking to be almost worn off? Cant wait to get out tomoro now that the water has dropped gotta be alot of fresh gravel! Thanks for the replies TMODEL and AU..

yes Gator!! have seen some you could bearly tell that they had been flacked. polish will be even all over high and low spots. creek works like a tumbler to polish every rock in it! all i have found looks like a unitface scrapper but so polished i can not be sure it is one.. Terry

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back