Aquawoman373

Greenie
Jul 17, 2008
Cape canaveral, FL

Attachments

• Stormy at Lou\'s Blues.JPG
    Stormy at Lou\'s Blues.JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 1,805
Welcome to Mugs. I know we have some divers here maybe some will be in touch with you. It's great to have you join us here at TNet.

HH,
Pepper

Welcome to Mugs also.

I havent dove in almost 20 yrs ago but would love to dive on a shipwreck in Florida.
Has to be much better than diving in a river w/chunks of ice floating around you.

bbq, do you ever make your way down to Florida?

If so, look me up!

As far as the wrecks, they vary in Florida. I prefer the "unintentional" wrecks of galleons and they are generally in fairly shallow water. If you haven't dived in 20 years, I would welcome you to take a refresher with one of the many dive instructors I know who can get your skills back up in no time!

Happy Hunting!

-S

Welcome Aquawoman373, yes there are a couple divers who post in the Shipwreck board...said they used to be Atocha divers, years ago. :icon_sunny:

Welcome to TNET.. I hear that right after a storm is the best time to search the beaches in your locality. Might have to get down that way in the near future. :coffee2:

Falcon, it is absolutely true that beach searching after a storm is always good. And Lord knows we've obviously had lots of opportunities to do that the last few years!

Ocean searching is good year round!

Come on down, there's lots of treasure yet to be found.

Aw, that's a cute pic of ya! Looking forward to seeing and hearing about your treasure diving. Good luck & happy hunting.

:wink: RR

Welcomemouse.gif

Attachments

• Welcomemouse.gif
    Welcomemouse.gif
    9.8 KB · Views: 1,396
Thank you, River Rat!!

I am a member of a entertainment pirate crewe and we were doing a charity event for a murder victim's surviving children. Sad situation that we did a good thing for and raised a good sum of money!

Ahhh, the lovely Keys. I am a citizen of the Conch Republic myself, being born there at the Naval Hospital 60 years ago. I must come back soon to see if it is the same as I remember (vaguely) on Poncianna Street. I hve upheld his Majesty, George III, dignity as a Loyalist in Augustine before during the Illumination. Good to me cha!

If you have fond memories of Key West in the early days, I recommend that you keep those fond memories and stay put...

Key West has change drastically since the 1970's and I cannot say it is for the better.

Personally, I go only to certain strategic locals in Key West itself and venture only to certain locals once I leave the coast of the United States south of FL City. And I am very careful and selective once I do so.

Aahhhh yes. I have been asked before when I mention coming into the world in Key West, "and you're still straight!" I know it is politically incorrect to mention but it has happened more than once. Ah well, I may just have to leave memories in the past.

I go to the Keys several times a year and I am very much straight. I go to dive and fish and hunt for treasure...

I also hope to either retire in the Keys or the Caribbean, and also plan to continue my heterosexuality until the day I die...

Believe it or not...things might begin to change. Sounds a lot like my area in public places.

Except I'm where (center of conservative America) last year the smoking ban for Indiana got started here in Elkhart county, so then the whole state became involved.

Well, this year Kosciusko county which borders Elkhart county to the South, started doing something you never would have dreamed could happen with all the gay rights legislation passed. I'm heterosexual also, so this doesn't affect me, except it is happening in parks I had planned to hunt. The police have launched a sting operation targeting specifically (exact quote) "homosexual males" for inappropriate behavior in city parks around the area. It has been all over the local TV news channels for a couple days now. Undercover police officers are switched a lot, moved to various locations. In Warsaw city parks they busted 21 males since August who either have been detained or in jail. Some of this behavior includes leaving graffiti messages in the restrooms or making peepholes.

There was no mention of heterosexual people or about females, it is strictly a gay sting operation. The gay sting is to continue until cold weather sets in, probably until the election. Somehow I don't feel like going metal detecting in the parks now... ??? It was too hot during the summer with humidity and the ground still too dry for digging in park turf. People are all stirred up about it (what they see on the TV news), looking over their shoulders...who wants to detect in a situation like that?

I've been to Florida a couple times, not Key West though...pictures always looked so interesting of the Keys. :coffee2:

Oh my!

Before I get bashed!!

Not that there is anything wrong with that! It's just that I am not homosexual!!

And I am going back to the Keys next week to go diving again!

Yes, the Keys are awesome if you dive and love to play in the ocean...which I do!

But apologies if I offended anyone with my off-handed comments. I LOVE all people!

Yes, I'm sure the Keys are awesome place to dive...have seen beautiful underwater photos. I never did learn or take diving lessons. My eyesight probably wouldn't be good enough now for underwater. I like the tropical landscape and shipwrecks, but the though of keeping company with sharks...sand is so nice to dig in for treasure. :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back