muggs 4.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 448
  • muggs 5.jpg
    muggs 5.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 440
  • muggs 6.jpg
    muggs 6.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 422
Old Dog, I really love the desert too...wish I could be there, old Spanish trails are so neat. Interesting photos, thanks for sharing them. :thumbsup:

The Spanish trails hold so much history and give such a sense of true discovery,
to do much with a metal detector is almost a waste of time unless you are absolutely sure about a location.

My brother in law seems to think that a detector is the only way to find anything.
We keep proving that he is stuck in one place.
I walked through a place several months ago that he came out of with nothing more than some old cartridge shells ... and picked up off the ground an 8 Real he had missed.

The signs and symbols they left in the rocks and trees give us more scenery and things to wonder about than sitting on one place looking at the ground.

Wish you could see it in person just once.
You would never want to go home, LOL
Thom

Any time I've been out to the Southwest, I've always hated coming back home. Once on the way to southern California, did pass through your area. It was a breath taking scenic drive, loved every minute. Always thought sometime would be back through there again...hasn't happened yet.

Old Dog said:
When you do decide to come back
Email and I'll buy the coffee.

If nothing else,
Thom

Sounds nice...I still think about the drive through there a lot...haven't really been anywhere the last several years. Hard to even consider traveling right now with gas prices.

Can you see things from Google Earth or are the trees in the way too much? :icon_study:

If you can get close enough to see trees you will see each one as an individual.
big trees but very sparse. very easy to wakk through.

Thom

Welcome you ole dog! It looks hot there. What are you doing out there? Moving rocks to see what's under them? Don't you have rattlers there?

Hi prober,
The rocks you see in these pictures are for the most part Spanish trail signs.
I don't and never have done much MDing as it keeps me too long in one place, looking down.
The Rattlers we see only seem to want to get as far away from us as possible.

Between my partner and I together we have chased these trails for almost 50 years added together.
And although we have detectors, they only come out to confirm a find. The turning over of rocks is not something either one of us do, as they are home to a miriad of nasty desert things far more agressive than any snake. Moving a treasure marker is a strict No-No.
Check out this link,
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,149002.new.html

Thom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back