Trashed my coil today😡

hampton detector

Feb 15, 2023
Hi all, went out this mornin and found a few things. Then I slipped and my coil wire caught a branch and ripped the connector from back of control😢😡 it’s a stock 11” coil on a nox 600. I do have the same machine as a back up😊 so no down time for me. I called Minelab, but I think they may be closed for good Fri. IDK if they can repair or replace under warranty. It was clearly my fault😂 if I have to buy a new one, I’m thinking if I should pull the trigger on a 15” or stick with 11” my other nox has a 11” on it. Is a 15” that much better? Any opinions are welcome… ok no more babbling from me. Here are my finds. A pair of splitting wedges that were in same hole. A bird leg band, a milkbone brand dog tag. A hefty gate hinge eye, clad dime and couple shot shell brass. And picked up a pretty cool pink tint gal jug. B5D38C54-E275-447F-98E9-A19A06F298D5.jpegD1A7AC7C-A38E-45A3-A213-3C023C975A4C.jpeg3F4F5AEB-689D-47FF-AC04-C0D59A7E89EC.jpeg6D4CB905-D278-4F8F-ABF2-5F659501201A.jpegE4969461-09BC-4ADF-B36F-FA4858B1F8C4.jpeg

Upvote 14
Hi all, went out this mornin and found a few things. Then I slipped and my coil wire caught a branch and ripped the connector from back of control😢😡 it’s a stock 11” coil on a nox 600. I do have the same machine as a back up😊 so no down time for me. I called Minelab, but I think they may be closed for good Fri. IDK if they can repair or replace under warranty. It was clearly my fault😂 if I have to buy a new one, I’m thinking if I should pull the trigger on a 15” or stick with 11” my other nox has a 11” on it. Is a 15” that much better? Any opinions are welcome… ok no more babbling from me. Here are my finds. A pair of splitting wedges that were in same hole. A bird leg band, a milkbone brand dog tag. A hefty gate hinge eye, clad dime and couple shot shell brass. And picked up a pretty cool pink tint gal jug. View attachment 2077790View attachment 2077791View attachment 2077792View attachment 2077793View attachment 2077794
Oh and I forgot
40B7AFDE-97E8-41E7-B606-7DEA2D4DEDDE.jpeg

Ouch!!! That is a bad ending to a great start. Hope you can get a replacement.
Similar thing happened to me back in early 70's. Fell down a steep bank ,just up stream from Lee & Gordon's Mill . Broke my coil loose from the stick. 2 dog ears on either side of the coil , was all that held it together with a small bolt, all factory. Ruined my day, almost. Before all this happened, I was in a friends gravel driveway; bang .69 cal V back, bang! another leading down the hill to the creek. 7 in all, all dropped. Had a few GREAT hours before falling. I read about guys pulling cannons out of the creek.
Any body who knows about the War Between the States, know where lee & Gordon was
( Chickamauga) Cherokee/Creek..."river of blood" or bloody river.
Daughter was married at the Mansion in downtown Chickamauga, GA. I could have paid for 10 Minelabs vs wedding.

I just dealt with Minelab repair today. Try this number(on Monday). 814 283 4270. This is their service center in Pa. They are open 9 to 5 (Eastern Time) They replaced a Nox 600 control pod that 2 bolts broke off for me under warranty. I was close enough to drive there and it took 1 day to get the replacement. Keep us posted

I don't think the 15" is worth the investment. I bought one, used it a few times, and that's it. The weight really leverages on your arm.
That’s kinda what I was thinking. I spoke to Minelab and they are gonna take care of me👍 some day maybe I’ll try a 15” for field use.

I just dealt with Minelab repair today. Try this number(on Monday). 814 283 4270. This is their service center in Pa. They are open 9 to 5 (Eastern Time) They replaced a Nox 600 control pod that 2 bolts broke off for me under warranty. I was close enough to drive there and it took 1 day to get the replacement. Keep us posted
Thanks for the info! I did get in contact with them and they are hooking me up!😊

If YOU have to replace it check around for possibly a good used one . CHECK Even on Treasurenet for one

Hi all, went out this mornin and found a few things. Then I slipped and my coil wire caught a branch and ripped the connector from back of control😢😡 it’s a stock 11” coil on a nox 600. I do have the same machine as a back up😊 so no down time for me. I called Minelab, but I think they may be closed for good Fri. IDK if they can repair or replace under warranty. It was clearly my fault😂 if I have to buy a new one, I’m thinking if I should pull the trigger on a 15” or stick with 11” my other nox has a 11” on it. Is a 15” that much better? Any opinions are welcome… ok no more babbling from me. Here are my finds. A pair of splitting wedges that were in same hole. A bird leg band, a milkbone brand dog tag. A hefty gate hinge eye, clad dime and couple shot shell brass. And picked up a pretty cool pink tint gal jug. View attachment 2077790View attachment 2077791View attachment 2077792View attachment 2077793View attachment 2077794
Bummer on the coil!! Nice on the finds!! Congrats!!!

That’s kinda what I was thinking. I spoke to Minelab and they are gonna take care of me👍 some day maybe I’ll try a 15” for field use.
The 15" coil is my favorite coil of all time (except for the weak ears!). The only time it comes off is searching a target rich site where I need more separation between targets.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back