Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Found this recently at a site that produced finds dating from the mid-1600s to early 1800s. I'm almost positive its a British trade weight but I don't recognize the hallmarks. My pics aren't the greatest but maybe someone will recognize them and can date this piece. My guess is late 1700s or early 1800s. Thanks.

012114c.JPG

012114d.JPG

012114e.JPG

012114f.JPG

The only mark I see is a ewer ( looks like coffee pot ). I think is London founders company.
Other marks to look for are crown or dagger

Upvote 0
The only mark I see is a ewer ( looks like coffee pot ). I think is London founders company.
Other marks to look for are crown or dagger

Thanks for the help. I've never heard of a "ewer", and am having difficulty finding any info on that mark. Do you know how old it is and what it might represent? Also, I'm attaching a couple better pics showing the marks. I do indeed see the sword/dagger mark, and the letter A to its right. There also appears to be some sort of mark to the left of the dagger. Appreciate any additional info you can provide.

trade weight4.JPG

trade weight5.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I agree with the 'trade weight' ID. Great save !!
This page may help you further with a more specific ID:
weights
Don........

Thanks Don. I forgot about that website. Definitely a great resource for just about anything colonial.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back