Trade Axe found in Central Missouri in middle 1990s.....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this while hunting a field in middle of Missouri close to where an early fort use to be. Fort was built to protect settlers and abandoned in the 1840s...

P1000376.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Treasure_Hunter said:
Found this while hunting a filed in middle of Missouri close to where an early fort use to be. Fort was built to protect settlers and abandoned in the 1840s...

Nice find and in good shape too.

I'll bet that one could tell some tales. It probably saw more than a few warpaths.

Very nice...with initials as well!
Nick

Found in famers field while hunting artifacts, I didn't detect back then, I was a point hunter....

It has the makers marks on it....Can't imagine what it would have felt like to be hit in head with it...

Last edited:
Found in famers field while hunting artifacts, I didn't detect back then, I was a point hunter....

It has the makers marks on it....Can't imagine what it would have felt like to be hit in head with it...

Congrats on 10,000!

Very nice find. I bet you did a little dance when you picked it up.

That is nice THuntr. What a great save. I have one that is a rusty mess:tongue3:.

Might not even feel anything at all, it looks pretty big, sweet pc for a collection

It was found no more than a half mile from the old fort site...............

Missouri is rich in artifacts, lot of history there....Just wish I was also into metal detecting when I lived there. I knew where there was an old ghost town, an old abandon school was still standing on a piece of land I had permission to hunt on, but all I hunted was indian artifacts.... Also knew where there was an old stage coach road and waystation......

Treasure_Hunter said:

I would say it literally would feel like a splitting head ache. I never have seen one in such great condition! Nice

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back