Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3 SL
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Whites XLT
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A quick search brings up a few recommendations, so I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents worth. TOZO G1 Earbuds ($30) link up easy, and sound great. The only thing is you have to put them into gaming mode to get the 45ms Ultra Low-Latency.
Doing a little research, I found the Nokta headphones that comes with the detector uses aptX™ Low Latency technology which is 40ms Low-Latency.
On these hot humid days there a must have. It makes you wonder why Metal Detecting companies don't come out with them.

On these hot humid days there a must have. It makes you wonder why Metal Detecting companies don't come out with them.

Good call -- just ordered a pair...and there's a $5 off coupon currently available for them on Amazon.

I never have been able to stand regular headphones except in cold or high wind conditions. 90F+ and 70% humidity and not only would headphones be unbearable, but my sweat would quickly breakdown almost any earmuff material.

Good choice! The Tozo earbuds are all I've ever used with the Legend. They seem to be bulletproof and stay charged for days. Never even tried the Nokta headphones.

@Coin Digger @oldmxrat

Earbuds arrived today, and they paired up like a champ on the Legend! Audio is great, and I feel like they provide a better allowance for situational awareness vs. big earmuff headphones.

What I did notice, however, is a perception of lag between VDI on the Legend and the sounds via the pods. Not sure if this is just a personal adjustment issue on my part, getting used to what's supposed to be an imperceptible lag via the Bluetootch connection?

I will say I was running the Legend in this instance looking for shallow/recent coin drops in a schoolyard using the LG24, so my normal (i.e., no headphones/earbuds) settings, so Park M1 with a recovery speed of 7. I'm wondering if a faster-range recovery might contribute to perceived lag?

Or like I said, having only used the external speaker on my machines (except for extremely rare occasions), it's more a matter of acclimating to the new set-up?

@Coin Digger @oldmxrat

Earbuds arrived today, and they paired up like a champ on the Legend! Audio is great, and I feel like they provide a better allowance for situational awareness vs. big earmuff headphones.

What I did notice, however, is a perception of lag between VDI on the Legend and the sounds via the pods. Not sure if this is just a personal adjustment issue on my part, getting used to what's supposed to be an imperceptible lag via the Bluetootch connection?

I will say I was running the Legend in this instance looking for shallow/recent coin drops in a schoolyard using the LG24, so my normal (i.e., no headphones/earbuds) settings, so Park M1 with a recovery speed of 7. I'm wondering if a faster-range recovery might contribute to perceived lag?

Or like I said, having only used the external speaker on my machines (except for extremely rare occasions), it's more a matter of acclimating to the new set-up?
While they are low latency (I don't think they should say 'ultra low latency'), they aren't aptX LL, which is far better. Unfortunately, aptX LL isn't used much anymore so you can't find earbuds that use that protocol.

I've tested the Tozo G1 with my oscilloscope and they actually perform at 62ms lag time.
It def takes getting used to the perceptible lag, but these are the best ones I've been able to find. I've bought several that claimed lower lag time but didn't live up to the claims.

Changing the recovery speed won't make any difference whatsoever for Bluetooth lag.

@Coin Digger @oldmxrat

Make sure you put them in gaming mode. 3 quick taps on the right ear bud and it will say it's in gaming mode.

I bought the Tozo's to test them to see if they would even stay in ears. Sure enough, the weight of the earbuds made them constantly fall out of my ear canal so I haven't even paired them to my detector. I always wear headphones in the gym because it's irritating to have them drop out in the middle of a set. I had bought the Homespot neckband also but never tested them either so I took them to the gym last night and to my surprise, they stayed in my ears rock solid. It's because the bulk of the electronics and the batteries are in the neckband and the earbuds themselves are so tiny. They sound really clear and I didn't have to keep jamming them back into my ear. Now I just have to see how they do paired to the detector.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back